The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

BUZZR Lost and Found 2020

<< < (2/12) > >>

chargeradiocom:

--- Quote from: Blanquepage on August 31, 2020, 02:59:32 PM ---
--- Quote from: Mr. Matté on August 31, 2020, 02:19:05 PM ---
--- Quote from: chargeradiocom on August 31, 2020, 01:39:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: Blanquepage on August 28, 2020, 05:11:17 PM ---My money's still on at least one new show from that survey we took...

--- End quote ---
I was thinking about this over the weekend. Considering that’s also about the time of year when we usually get a fairly substantial schedule change, you’re probably right.

--- End quote ---

What were the results (or the general gist) of this survey?

--- End quote ---

Results weren't published anywhere, but the survey included picking shows for BUZZR to add to the lineup. There were lots of really great possibilities, like Celebrity Sweepstakes, Liar's Club, High Rollers, Scrabble, and Hot Streak. Even WoF and Jeopardy were on there. I think there's a screengrab of all the survey options somewhere around here.
--- End quote ---
I had to dig back to this thread, but this was the first list:

Whew!
Scattergories
Wheel of Fortune
High Rollers
Win Ben Stein’s Money
Remote Control
Celebrity Sweepstakes
25 Words Or Less
Shop Till You Drop
The Price Is Right (with host Bob Barker)
Scrabble
Bruce Forsyth’s Hot Streak
Jeopardy!
Liar’s Club
Concentration

Obviously the show we got from that list appears to have been a success for the network.

There was also a section about dating & relationship game shows, and if you responded that you would like to see that kind of shows on BUZZR, you got another list. I don't recall everything on that list, but I remember it had The Newlywed Game (hosted by Bob Eubanks), the Dating Game (unspecified host), Singled Out, and Bzzz! (Although considering the one show we got from that list was less than successful, I'm guessing that, short of pulling off the rights to Eubanks Newlywed, they probably won't be running anything else from that list anytime soon.)

I have some additional thoughts but those will have to wait, because I'm on the clock.  :D

Ian Wallis:

--- Quote from: Blanquepage on August 31, 2020, 02:59:32 PM ---
Results weren't published anywhere, but the survey included picking shows for BUZZR to add to the lineup. There were lots of really great possibilities, like Celebrity Sweepstakes, Liar's Club, High Rollers, Scrabble, and Hot Streak. Even WoF and Jeopardy were on there. I think there's a screengrab of all the survey options somewhere around here.
I wouldn't have the slightest notion as to what BUZZR may surprise us with, but I'm hoping Liar's Club and Celebrity Sweepstakes see a return to our screens.
Wouldn't be surprised at Scrabble.

--- End quote ---

I was surprised at the inclusion of Celebrity Sweepstakes, among others.  I wonder if they were just pulling random shows that people like us remember to create a longer list, or if there's something to it.  Do enough episodes of Celebrity Sweepstakes even exist?  So far we only know of four.  Maybe BUZZR knows something we don't.

For the record, I'm hoping for that one!

Big Brain:
Does anyone think Nighttime Price with Tom Kennedy is on the table? That would be a nice little add, especially for those of us from Atlanta where the show only aired briefly on Saturdays IIRC.

CoreyArcher:
As for High Rollers, I'd assume only Wink's version is available? It's entertaining, but Trebek's was a gem.

Otm Shank:
Holding onto a faint glimmer of hope for the 3-player MGHSH pilot

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version