Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR now casting?  (Read 3333 times)

SuperMatch93

TPIR now casting?
« on: August 28, 2020, 04:51:13 PM »
I'm taking this with a grain of salt (the URL redirects to a Fremantle page) but taping will supposedly resume from September 21 to November 2.

https://fremantle.formstack.com/forms/the_price_is_right_2020
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

narzo

Re: TPIR now casting?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 08:14:57 PM »
makes perfect sense.  There is no iron-clad rule the show has to be pulling people from a packed studio audience.  We know they've had auditions for the specialty events, and I know people who have been through the "Let's make a deal" interview process. 

If anything, they could do a VERY classic tribute to TPIR because other than hearing the audience in the Bill Cullen days, you never saw them and really couldn't make out a bid coming from a single person.  Four podiums on stage at a time, a game board wheeled out, even a "hands on" game like Plinko could be played while social distancing. 

JMFabiano

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2020, 01:58:24 PM »
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2020, 03:12:25 PM »
Surprise. The former producer of TPiR hates how the current crew produces the show, because it’s not how he would’ve done things. At this point, do we even need to report what he says, because it’s gotten predictable.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

nowhammies10

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2020, 10:45:54 AM »
Scrolling through the comments on that post... yeesh.  The telephone-pole screamers are out in full force.

Mr. Matté

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2020, 01:44:56 PM »
Guess who disagrees?

(Womp-wooooomp)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157783013812055&id=538567054

Since he thinks the show should move to a more "friendly" state like Florida, does this mean we should start calling him "The_Dobold?"

knagl

• Executive Producer
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2020, 07:13:16 PM »
Scrolling through the comments on that post... yeesh.  The telephone-pole screamers are out in full force.

Yes. A whole lot of crazy there, including from the ringmaster himself suggesting that the show should move to avoid COVID restrictions.

JakeT

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2020, 06:26:22 PM »

Yes. A whole lot of crazy there, including from the ringmaster himself suggesting that the show should move to avoid COVID restrictions.

The Dobs is legit losing his mind at this point...sure, move to Florida where you can pack an audience full with 300 or more people, likely unmasked and crammed together...

"And to the winner of this prize goes a generous supply of COVID-19 to take home and share with your family and friends...:

JakeT

nowhammies10

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2020, 06:33:57 PM »
Report on the Buzzerblog Discord states Price is limiting their audience to 30 people; three episodes will be taped with each 30-person group.  If ever you wanted to be on Price and you live in the LA area, now is absolutely the time to go.

Vgmastr

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2020, 07:11:17 PM »
Report on the Buzzerblog Discord states Price is limiting their audience to 30 people; three episodes will be taped with each 30-person group.  If ever you wanted to be on Price and you live in the LA area, now is absolutely the time to go.

Imagine how depressing it would be to be one of the three people who aren't called down.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2020, 08:15:45 PM »

I don't think they're giving out tickets, are they?

JakeT

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2020, 09:09:56 PM »

I don't think they're giving out tickets, are they?

I would imagine that if the audience is limited to 30 people, it will consist solely of people who made it through the online casting process...there likely won't be any random spectators...

JakeT

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2020, 01:19:59 PM »

And by that you mean, go RIGHT now, because the line is gonna be around the block if the capacity is 30. ;)

(I suspect Jake is right, three shows with a 30-person audience is 27 contestants and three alternates.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

trainman

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2020, 11:29:59 PM »
And by that you mean, go RIGHT now, because the line is gonna be around the block if the capacity is 30. ;)

Yeah, it is around the block, but only because of having to stand 6 feet apart.
trainman is a man of trains