The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

LMAD 8/20, Dean hosts a game

(1/5) > >>

BrandonFG:
Tonight’s episode features Dean Goss serving as dealmaker for one segment. Supposedly, had the show gone for a third season, Dean would’ve became the new host. However, I believe station managers wanted Monty or nothing at all.

All that being said, Dean made a damn good host. Hopefully someone posts the episode.

Chief-O:
This was Dean's second time hosting a segment of the show; his first time aired about 2 weeks ago:

And yes---he did do a wonderful job, especially considering LMAD really isn't the easiest show to host. I do think it would've been a good idea, though, if Monty announced.

BrandonFG:

--- Quote from: Chief-O on August 21, 2020, 12:16:22 AM ---I do think it would've been a good idea, though, if Monty announced.

--- End quote ---
I expected that too, and I think Dean was caught slightly off-guard when it came to the product descriptions. Monty did a great job playing second banana, however.

tvmitch:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on August 21, 2020, 12:25:07 AM ---I expected that too, and I think Dean was caught slightly off-guard when it came to the product descriptions. Monty did a great job playing second banana, however.

--- End quote ---
My guess here is that Dean's prize descriptions were pre-taped, based on the handoff after the first description.

Dean was terrific. Wish he had more game show work during this era.

Question for the group. Does anyone recall seeing these Dean Goss episodes when Deal was rerun on USA, Family Channel, or GSN? I watched the show quite a bi, especially in those Family Channel days, and I don't remember seeing Dean on-camera.

Bryce L.:

--- Quote from: tvmitch on August 21, 2020, 09:03:43 AM ---Question for the group. Does anyone recall seeing these Dean Goss episodes when Deal was rerun on USA, Family Channel, or GSN? I watched the show quite a bi, especially in those Family Channel days, and I don't remember seeing Dean on-camera.

--- End quote ---
Can't speak for USA or Family Channel, but my understanding is that GSN never touched the Season 2 shows.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version