Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Networks of record.  (Read 10160 times)

JMFabiano

Re: Networks of record.
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2020, 10:44:07 AM »
Here's one I haven't been able to pin down.

What is the network of record for Clark $100k Pyramid?

Both LA & NYC were RKO General stations at the time, so I don't believe there was one for them. I think the same applied to Davidson Pyramid.

By the time Davidson's was on, that would be MCA Inc., no? 

So not CBS? 
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

golden-road

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2020, 05:09:36 PM »
Factoring in KNBC as their LA station, I wouldn't think so.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2020, 07:32:05 PM »
Factoring in KNBC as their LA station, I wouldn't think so.

And WNBC as their initial NYC station (the show relocated to the original $100K’s home, now WWOR, for the abbreviated second season).

I always figured, since the show stayed at Television City the whole time, CBS would have to have been the station of record for at least part of the run.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

splinkynip

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2020, 09:02:42 PM »
Davidson Pyramid didn't even air in NYC for its first half season. When the second season premiered, WNBC picked it up and aired it with Family Feud in the middle of the night. Then in March of 1992, WWOR picked them up for the 5PM hour. I recall thinking it was very odd that three weeks later Pyramid went off the air.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2020, 11:24:27 PM »
Aren't J! and Wheel carried on all of the ABC O&O stations? That would explain how ABC is considered the "network of record" when the network actually has nothing to do with it. The station group is the client, not the network. c.f. Gong Show. Daytime on NBC network, nighttime on ABC stations. Also TPIR on CBS net and NBC O&O stations. I call it "one-stop shopping" for guys like Jerry Chester.

The shows are shot at network facilities because the sets are already in place for the daytime versions.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2021, 08:42:50 AM »
Apologies for the bump from 2020, but had a related question that didn't feel like it justified a new thread.

I just got to the point of logging the Rafferty CS retirement in question, and the retirement happens at a weird time.  3 complete games, 2 cars, and a total of $63,105.  He plays his third game (crossing $60K) after having already crossed $50K and having already won two cars. Winning the car retired you early on (when the show was giving away $30K+ cars), and from the original post, later on winning 2 seemed to do it.  But not here.

Did the show self-impose a $60,000 winnings limit at this point? Every mention I've seen of a network/O&O cap at this point was for either $75K or none - and what was the network of record for this version?  It filmed at CBS, but was airing on [edit: Multiple O&O's - NBC in LA but ABC in NYC.] Bill mentions the contestant has hit the winnings limit, but never says why - and gets in a full game after his second car win.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 11:01:27 AM by Chelsea Thrasher »

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2021, 09:25:04 AM »
Apologies for the bump from 2020, but had a related question that didn't feel like it justified a new thread.

I just got to the point of logging the Rafferty CS retirement in question, and the retirement happens at a weird time.  3 complete games, 2 cars, and a total of $63,105.  He plays his third game (crossing $60K) after having already crossed $50K and having already won two cars. Winning the car retired you early on (when the show was giving away $30K+ cars), and from the original post, later on winning 2 seemed to do it.  But not here.

Did the show self-impose a $60,000 winnings limit at this point? Every mention I've seen of a network/O&O cap at this point was for either $75K or none - and what was the network of record for this version?  It filmed at CBS, but was airing on ABC O&Os. Bill mentions the contestant has hit the winnings limit, but never says why - and gets in a full game after his second car win.
In Los Angeles, Card Sharks was on KNBC at 7:30 pm
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2021, 11:38:41 AM »
what was the network of record for this version?  It filmed at CBS

Again, it didn't matter where the show was shot. The set was in place at TV City for the daytime version so where else would they shoot it?

Who was the syndicator?

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2021, 11:48:36 AM »
Who was the syndicator?

Television Program Source