Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Networks of record.  (Read 2889 times)

JMFabiano

Re: Networks of record.
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2020, 10:44:07 AM »
Here's one I haven't been able to pin down.

What is the network of record for Clark $100k Pyramid?

Both LA & NYC were RKO General stations at the time, so I don't believe there was one for them. I think the same applied to Davidson Pyramid.

By the time Davidson's was on, that would be MCA Inc., no? 

So not CBS? 
Post over.  You may enter your smarmy comebacks here.

golden-road

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2020, 05:09:36 PM »
Factoring in KNBC as their LA station, I wouldn't think so.

PYLdude

• Wardrobe furnished by Botany 500
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2020, 07:32:05 PM »
Factoring in KNBC as their LA station, I wouldn't think so.

And WNBC as their initial NYC station (the show relocated to the original $100Ks home, now WWOR, for the abbreviated second season).

I always figured, since the show stayed at Television City the whole time, CBS would have to have been the station of record for at least part of the run.
Still crazy after all these years...but that's okay.

"I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, August 2012

splinkynip

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2020, 09:02:42 PM »
Davidson Pyramid didn't even air in NYC for its first half season. When the second season premiered, WNBC picked it up and aired it with Family Feud in the middle of the night. Then in March of 1992, WWOR picked them up for the 5PM hour. I recall thinking it was very odd that three weeks later Pyramid went off the air.

chris319

• Executive Producer
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2020, 11:24:27 PM »
Aren't J! and Wheel carried on all of the ABC O&O stations? That would explain how ABC is considered the "network of record" when the network actually has nothing to do with it. The station group is the client, not the network. c.f. Gong Show. Daytime on NBC network, nighttime on ABC stations. Also TPIR on CBS net and NBC O&O stations. I call it "one-stop shopping" for guys like Jerry Chester.

The shows are shot at network facilities because the sets are already in place for the daytime versions.