Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: eBay find: 16mm film version of Password episode with Allen Ludden playing  (Read 9641 times)

Eric Paddon

Re: eBay find: 16mm film version of Password episode with Allen Ludden playing
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2020, 04:03:19 AM »
He said "sailor".    But it was how he said it and the fact that this was Armed Forces TV that resulted in the censoring which I think was probably left alone in the original ABC run.

TwoInchQuad

« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2020, 04:17:40 AM »
I don't think so, Eric... because you can barely hear the trailing end of the word the first time he says it, and it sounds as though it ends with "--eet".  It definitely ends on a "t" sound.

From watching his lips, I think it's actually "sweet", but in any event, clearly said with a lisp... which is what got it blanked out.

I have no idea how you'd get to "wave" using that clue, but apparently it worked...

- Kevin

Eric Paddon

« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2020, 04:40:23 AM »
I may have been influenced by Betty's aside after that about "they can't keep you out of the navy for that any longer".     If that's what it sounds like I'll defer on that point.

Paul's clue for "watermelon" *really* would have put this on the banned list most likely.

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2020, 07:38:15 AM »
I don't think so, Eric... because you can barely hear the trailing end of the word the first time he says it, and it sounds as though it ends with "--eet".  It definitely ends on a "t" sound.

From watching his lips, I think it's actually "sweet", but in any event, clearly said with a lisp... which is what got it blanked out.

I have no idea how you'd get to "wave" using that clue, but apparently it worked...

- Kevin
I thought it was "straight", enunciated as "steeeee-raight" followed by a rather feminine flourish.

JMFabiano

« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2020, 10:55:52 AM »
I was willing to contribute either way, but since bidding ended, is it still possible to do so?
I regret not, because the transaction is already completed for both the film reel and digitization, all for which was equally split. You'd now basically be paying cash for just a copy of the episode  :-\

A shame as I'd love to procure a copy of this as well. 
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.