Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: eBay find: 16mm film version of Password episode with Allen Ludden playing  (Read 9536 times)

CarpetCrawler

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16mm-Password-1975-Game-show-with-Paul-Williams/174395407669?hash=item289ac6bd35:g:VS4AAOSwhj9fOEAK

16mm film version of the episode of Password with Betty White hosting while Allen plays from March 27th, 1975 has popped up on eBay.

I'm a total clueless newbie when it comes to this stuff, how easy is it to digitize something like this?
- CC Kirby

Eric Paddon

That would depend entirely on the outlet.    You'd have to find a professional who could make a DVD transfer and the rates would vary.

Are you the bidder on this?

CarpetCrawler

Are you the bidder on this?

Nope, nor am I the other one!!
- CC Kirby

Eric Paddon

This might be the sort of thing to bid collectively on (contributions from several members) if it could insure winning it.       The March 14, 1975 issue is in circulation where Mark Goodson plugs Betty hosting in two weeks so this would be from that week.

SuperMatch93

This might be the sort of thing to bid collectively on (contributions from several members) if it could insure winning it.       The March 14, 1975 issue is in circulation where Mark Goodson plugs Betty hosting in two weeks so this would be from that week.

If someone with connections for digitizing this wants to organize it, I'm in for contributing.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
I would also contribute.
Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

Allstar87

I am also willing to contribute!

BrandonFG

I’ll chip in too.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

vtown7

Count me in as well!

MikeK

• Martha!
We did something similar with a pilot 3 or 4 years ago, Make Your Move.  (The title might be different.  I have effectively erased it from my memory since then.)  With that, I'm in.

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
Yeah me and Greg will contribute as well.

MYosua

I would be interested in contributing as well!

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
OK I'll spill: I'm currently the high bidder. However, I'd be happy to join this community effort. My max bid is set to $175.

WhammyPower

I'll chip in, too.

rebelwrest

I'll chip in as well.  Although I am expecting a bidding war to commence between us and the Paul Williams fan community.
My favorite Win Ben Stein's Money Category:

Where Am I Doc? Urinalysis Restaurant.