Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: eBay find: 16mm film version of Password episode with Allen Ludden playing  (Read 9531 times)

weaklink75

I’m in too- and as an aside, there’s also another Allen Ludden item up too- “You Owe It To Yourself”

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264830772570

https://www.ebay.com/itm/373149599279

From the description:

“This was a game show that was underwritten by the National Association Life Underwriters and aired on Public Broadcasting Service Television. This was a ten-part series that covered various aspects of money management and family finances to show what life insurance, health insurance and estate planing could accomplish for the family's security. Using the quiz show format, the series, created and produced by WITF-TV, in Hershey, Pennsylvania, was made possible by a $75,000 grant from the NALU. Allen Ludden, nationally known quiz-master of "Password," was master of ceremonies.“

(There’s 2 of them available- and the price is lower than the Password one FWIW)

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
Ok all, if this all works for you, let me know.
My current max bid is $175, and $150 is still highest reached bid. I'm happy to be the designated bidder, and I'll still spot the first $150 as I'd love to have the reel itself in my collection after it's been digitized. Beyond that, it'll be a community effort. I wasn't part of the Make Your Move pool, so if there's a better way to go about this let me know.
  • All interested parties PM me with your email address and commitment to spot an additional $25
  • I'll track everyone's contributions and enter a new bid on Tuesday to the total sum of said contributions
  • Everyone's contributions would become due upon us winning the auction
  • Payment receipt preferred via Venmo, Chase Quickpay, or FB Messenger
Thoughts or concerns?
EDIT: This would become a collectible private amongst the invested collectors, so as far as I'm concerned, the video would not be posted on Game Show Vault.

jimlangefan

I'm in
TV's Big Dealer

Otm Shank

Adding another post to this thread to say I'm in

CarpetCrawler

I'm also in!!
- CC Kirby

Pyramid80

I’m in!

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
Great response thus far, I would only ask that you send me a PM with your email address to track your official contribution commitment. Or just email it to me at flyingchai01@gmail.com

After chatting with a couple of folks, I'll be submitting the final max bid closer to the end of the auction. I will still follow up with all the contributors though via email on Tuesday with the status of our collective bid and will notify everyone prior to submitting the final bid.

Thanks,

Jamie
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 10:46:19 PM by Blanquepage »

Sodboy13

I'll chip in as well.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

jage

I'm fine with keeping the result private, though do wonder if eventually it makes sense in an archive somewhere, especially since the moment is significant in american television. Would Betty herself want to see this?

tvwxman

I'll chip in as well.  Although I am expecting a bidding war to commence between us and the Paul Williams fan community.
Which is probably that one guy they made the Paul Williams documentary about. Look it up. Its actually good. Paul Williams is Alive is the name < i think >
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

tvmitch

I'm in
You should follow me on Twitter

Scrabbleship

I'm in.

CarpetCrawler

I'll chip in as well.  Although I am expecting a bidding war to commence between us and the Paul Williams fan community.
Which is probably that one guy they made the Paul Williams documentary about. Look it up. Its actually good. Paul Williams is Alive is the name < i think >

Paul Williams Still Alive is the name, in fact!!  I love Paul Williams, he rules.
- CC Kirby

calliaume

I'm in as well.

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
I'm in...I hope.

The Goodson-Todman pilot "Make Your Move"
On that subject, I didn't end up getting a copy. While I thought my Paypal transaction went through, Matt O. told me it didn't, which left me mortified and I remain upset at myself about it (and my terrible posts in that thread) to this day. Not just because I didn't double-check that the money went through, but because at least some of it was going to be part of the big charity donation.

Sorry for the off-topic...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 08:31:57 AM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...