Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: BUZZR episode freshness - Q3 and onward  (Read 17404 times)

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
BUZZR episode freshness - Q3 and onward
« on: August 10, 2020, 01:16:03 PM »
Looks like some stuff will be cycling back this month:

Blockbusters - jumps back to ep #248 on 8/24 (stopping at 287 on 8/21)
MG/HS - evening airing returns to ep #37 on 8/31 (stopping at 108 on 8/28)
Body Language - goes back to ep #225 on 9/6 (episodes 257 & 357 air on 8/31)
Concentration - stays fresh up through at least 9/4, I think that makes it the only remaining entry with fresh-to-BUZZR episodes(?)

On another note, anyone else hopeful for Lost and Found this year? If it's at the same time as last year's, it'll be exactly 6 months since Concentration debuted.
Perfect opportunity for another addition that they've been quietly focusing resources to digitize, perhaps?  :D

Scrabbleship

Re: BUZZR episode freshness - Q3 and onward
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 01:31:05 PM »
Which two episodes of MG/HS are getting skipped? 108 would bring us to the end of the St. Elsewhere week.

Blanquepage

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 01:39:03 PM »
Which two episodes of MG/HS are getting skipped? 108 would bring us to the end of the St. Elsewhere week.
#86 was skipped. No idea which other one will be skipped, I usually don't notice until it's time to catalog them after recording.
Anyone that wants to go through the future schedules to take note of skippage, knock yourselves out.

snowpeck

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2020, 05:02:21 PM »
Looks like some stuff will be cycling back this month:

Blockbusters - jumps back to ep #248 on 8/24 (stopping at 287 on 8/21)
MG/HS - evening airing returns to ep #37 on 8/31 (stopping at 108 on 8/28)
Body Language - goes back to ep #225 on 9/6 (episodes 257 & 357 air on 8/31)
Concentration - stays fresh up through at least 9/4, I think that makes it the only remaining entry with fresh-to-BUZZR episodes(?)

On another note, anyone else hopeful for Lost and Found this year? If it's at the same time as last year's, it'll be exactly 6 months since Concentration debuted.
Perfect opportunity for another addition that they've been quietly focusing resources to digitize, perhaps?  :D
It looks like Sale of the Century starts back up with fresh episodes from the syndicated run on 8/31.  Fresh episodes of Tattletales start on that date as well.

LMAD will be continuing with new episodes through 9/4. That date's episode should be the series finale from 1986.

Eubanks Card Sharks will still be fresh through at least 9/4 also.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

snowpeck

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2020, 05:12:22 PM »
They're skipping episode 104 from the St. Elsewhere week. That was the episode that aired in Lost & Found last year.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2020, 02:29:14 PM »
Was watching MGHS last night and something seemed strikingly familiar when the show switched over to Hollywood Squares. Then it hit me. Last night's episode is the episode from which the clips on YouTube of Johnny Olson announcing were taken from. Man, I remember the video was posted a long time ago, but man, 13 years ago. I remember finding the clip so fascinating because of how rare any footage from MGHS was and that Johnny hadn't announced it regularly. Who knew that this wasn't first time he had subbed in for Gene? Fun to see the difference in quality and the extra fee plugs and contestant plug that were cut from the Buzzr airing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV5MCuVY0XY
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

calliaume

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2020, 03:23:40 PM »
That occurred to me as I watched a minute or two last night. Christopher Rich was married to Nancy Frangione at the time; you can see her lean in to kiss him as she's going up the stairs after the HS celebrity introductions. Some things stay with you.

JMFabiano

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2020, 03:50:46 PM »
They're skipping episode 104 from the St. Elsewhere week. That was the episode that aired in Lost & Found last year.

Buzzr apparently has skipped episodes they've shown in marathons.  So that explains away that one, perhaps.

I think episode 100 is the other one that's being skipped...from the James B. Sikking week.  (was there not a clearance issue in the past with Sikking and another show?  Not that it matters here as the other eps. that week are fine.  Tape quality?  Or has the episode been Cancelled for content?) 

Would be highly interested to see the MG/HS pilot turn up on this. 
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

Mr. Matté

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2020, 04:16:29 PM »
That occurred to me as I watched a minute or two last night. Christopher Rich was married to Nancy Frangione at the time; you can see her lean in to kiss him as she's going up the stairs after the HS celebrity introductions. Some things stay with you.

I also noticed that of the (at the time) married couples they've had on the show so far (Nancy & Chris, Alan Thicke and Gloria Loring, maybe Steve Allen & Jayne Meadows later on), both of them never played on the same Match Game.

This one OTA ep did however have Nancy & Chris both only play HS: https://youtu.be/FO-AjM7_OxA

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2020, 10:45:41 PM »
I think episode 100 is the other one that's being skipped

I think other people already said it isn't.

Bryce L.

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2020, 11:27:26 PM »
I think episode 100 is the other one that's being skipped

I think other people already said it isn't.
Actually, it is. Check Wednesday, August 19th (which has 099) and Thursday, August 20th (which has 101).

https://buzzrtv.com/schedule/schedule_by_date/2020-8-19/America/New_York
https://buzzrtv.com/schedule/schedule_by_date/2020-8-20/America/New_York

Bryce L.

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2020, 11:31:52 PM »
Anyone that wants to go through the future schedules to take note of skippage, knock yourselves out.
Hope these help...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h7b0e5j65gmxhbg/AABWHUaJtsSsaQfc9YCmbvvHa?dl=0

Blanquepage

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2020, 03:24:44 PM »
Schedules for week of 9/14 are up. Not many notable items that I noticed:

• Classic Concentration looks like they're new with episode 379
  • Concentration jumps back to 100-2, stopping at 112-3 on 9/11

Bryce L.

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2020, 11:20:37 PM »
Week of 9/21 is up...
* Tattletales goes back to episode 0176.
* Various skips in Match Game '74 (0324-0325, all of 0327 to 0330, 0332)

DjohnsonCB

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2020, 08:08:28 PM »
Schedules for week of 9/14 are up. Not many notable items that I noticed:

• Classic Concentration looks like they're new with episode 379
  • Concentration jumps back to 100-2, stopping at 112-3 on 9/11

Watching Concentration tonight (9/14) I recalled half the puzzles from an earlier broadcast.  Presumably it's in non-fresh eps starting tonight; anyone know (or had posted) for how long this will last?
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel