The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

BUZZR episode freshness - Q3 and onward

<< < (2/8) > >>

jjman920:
Was watching MGHS last night and something seemed strikingly familiar when the show switched over to Hollywood Squares. Then it hit me. Last night's episode is the episode from which the clips on YouTube of Johnny Olson announcing were taken from. Man, I remember the video was posted a long time ago, but man, 13 years ago. I remember finding the clip so fascinating because of how rare any footage from MGHS was and that Johnny hadn't announced it regularly. Who knew that this wasn't first time he had subbed in for Gene? Fun to see the difference in quality and the extra fee plugs and contestant plug that were cut from the Buzzr airing.

calliaume:
That occurred to me as I watched a minute or two last night. Christopher Rich was married to Nancy Frangione at the time; you can see her lean in to kiss him as she's going up the stairs after the HS celebrity introductions. Some things stay with you.

JMFabiano:

--- Quote from: snowpeck on August 10, 2020, 05:12:22 PM ---
--- Quote from: Scrabbleship on August 10, 2020, 01:31:05 PM ---Which two episodes of MG/HS are getting skipped? 108 would bring us to the end of the St. Elsewhere week.

--- End quote ---
They're skipping episode 104 from the St. Elsewhere week. That was the episode that aired in Lost & Found last year.

--- End quote ---

Buzzr apparently has skipped episodes they've shown in marathons.  So that explains away that one, perhaps.

I think episode 100 is the other one that's being skipped...from the James B. Sikking week.  (was there not a clearance issue in the past with Sikking and another show?  Not that it matters here as the other eps. that week are fine.  Tape quality?  Or has the episode been Cancelled for content?) 

--- Quote ---On another note, anyone else hopeful for Lost and Found this year? If it's at the same time as last year's, it'll be exactly 6 months since Concentration debuted.
Perfect opportunity for another addition that they've been quietly focusing resources to digitize, perhaps?  :D
--- End quote ---

Would be highly interested to see the MG/HS pilot turn up on this. 

Mr. Matté:

--- Quote from: calliaume on August 11, 2020, 03:23:40 PM ---That occurred to me as I watched a minute or two last night. Christopher Rich was married to Nancy Frangione at the time; you can see her lean in to kiss him as she's going up the stairs after the HS celebrity introductions. Some things stay with you.

--- End quote ---

I also noticed that of the (at the time) married couples they've had on the show so far (Nancy & Chris, Alan Thicke and Gloria Loring, maybe Steve Allen & Jayne Meadows later on), both of them never played on the same Match Game.

This one OTA ep did however have Nancy & Chris both only play HS:

Steve Gavazzi:

--- Quote from: JMFabiano on August 11, 2020, 03:50:46 PM ---I think episode 100 is the other one that's being skipped
--- End quote ---

I think other people already said it isn't.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version