Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: BUZZR stuff on Amazon Prime  (Read 25897 times)

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
BUZZR stuff on Amazon Prime
« on: August 08, 2020, 11:30:20 AM »
FYI, they added another 20 episodes of The All New All Star Beat the Clock, now through episode 61.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: BUZZR stuff on Amazon Prime
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 01:46:13 PM »
I don’t know how many others would fall in with me, but I would be over th3 moon to have Double Dare: the Complete Series as a box set.
Travis L. Eberle

gamed121683

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2020, 02:55:22 PM »
I don’t know how many others would fall in with me, but I would be over th3 moon to have Double Dare: the Complete Series as a box set.

I was going to comment "Man, that's a lot of silicon"! Then I remembered, if they can come out the complete series of Dark Shadows...this idea isn't terribly far fetched. 

snowpeck

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2020, 04:00:04 PM »

I was going to comment "Man, that's a lot of silicon"! Then I remembered, if they can come out the complete series of Dark Shadows...this idea isn't terribly far fetched.

Which Double Dare are we talking here?
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

JakeT

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2020, 06:27:53 PM »

They just released "Gunsmoke - The Complete Series", which had 635 episodes, 402 of them were an hour long...it's a monster set..."Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman - The Complete Series" contained a rather large 325 half-hours...

JakeT

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2020, 05:19:08 PM »
They just released "Gunsmoke - The Complete Series", which had 635 episodes, 402 of them were an hour long...it's a monster set...

143 discs, per Amazon. Ho Lee Shite.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

calliaume

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2020, 05:35:51 PM »
They just released "Gunsmoke - The Complete Series", which had 635 episodes, 402 of them were an hour long...it's a monster set...

143 discs, per Amazon. Ho Lee Shite.
Out of stock now. One buyer noted it was $335 to start; they were patient, and got it for $229. Not surprisingly, the packaging was cheap 'n' crappy. (I was warned about that when I got the full M*A*S*H box set; slide the discs gently out of the cardboard sleeves to minimize scratching, place them in individual soft sleeves or jewel boxes, and never put them back in the original packaging again.)

I guess they wouldn't issue these things until/unless they had enough preorders. And there's always a small group of big fans for something. I bought Rupert Holmes' box set (yes, you read right) when it was originally issued in 2005 (I was hesitant because it was about $80, but my wife told me, "You are going to kick yourself for the rest of your life if you don't buy this, and I don't want to have to listen to you do that."). It's been out of stock since about 2006, and when it does pop up used on Amazon or eBay, it goes for four or five times that price.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2020, 06:28:10 PM »
The one that ran 17 weeks in th3 mid 1970s.
Travis L. Eberle

snowpeck

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2020, 06:32:11 PM »
That's what I thought. That one is totally doable, only 96 episodes. Most sitcom complete series box sets have more episodes than that.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Bryce L.

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2020, 06:53:32 PM »
That one is totally doable
Is it, though? I'd always heard there were several weeks' worth of shows from late in the run that were perpetually skipped when the show was on GSN (something about tape damage?). Granted, I'll take what I can get, but I question whether everything is there (and in airable/uploadable condition)

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2020, 09:42:31 PM »
I know I'm just an angry old man yelling at clouds, even in this room, but the fact that they haven't made a decent effort to release online the old I've Got A Secret episodes sponsored by Winston just burns my britches.  GSN got around to a lot of them eventually, but there are easily a hundred that probably still exist and have never EVER been replayed.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Allstar87

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2020, 01:02:44 AM »
I know I'm just an angry old man yelling at clouds, even in this room, but the fact that they haven't made a decent effort to release online the old I've Got A Secret episodes sponsored by Winston just burns my britches.  GSN got around to a lot of them eventually, but there are easily a hundred that probably still exist and have never EVER been replayed.

I would totally pay for a set of those. They're not gonna air on TV, might as well find an alternate way to show them!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2020, 01:12:32 AM »
That's what I thought. That one is totally doable, only 96 episodes. Most sitcom complete series box sets have more episodes than that.
It is also the one on Amazon Prime along with Bear the Clock.
Travis L. Eberle

SuperMatch93

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2020, 04:36:51 AM »

The Cub Collyer version?
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2020, 08:42:04 PM »

The Cub Collyer version?
That's just The Revenant.

/I'll make sure to note when you miskey in the future.
Travis L. Eberle