The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

BUZZR stuff on Amazon Prime

<< < (2/9) > >>

clemon79:

--- Quote from: JakeT on August 08, 2020, 06:27:53 PM ---They just released "Gunsmoke - The Complete Series", which had 635 episodes, 402 of them were an hour long...it's a monster set...
--- End quote ---

143 discs, per Amazon. Ho Lee Shite.

calliaume:

--- Quote from: clemon79 on August 10, 2020, 05:19:08 PM ---
--- Quote from: JakeT on August 08, 2020, 06:27:53 PM ---They just released "Gunsmoke - The Complete Series", which had 635 episodes, 402 of them were an hour long...it's a monster set...
--- End quote ---

143 discs, per Amazon. Ho Lee Shite.

--- End quote ---
Out of stock now. One buyer noted it was $335 to start; they were patient, and got it for $229. Not surprisingly, the packaging was cheap 'n' crappy. (I was warned about that when I got the full M*A*S*H box set; slide the discs gently out of the cardboard sleeves to minimize scratching, place them in individual soft sleeves or jewel boxes, and never put them back in the original packaging again.)

I guess they wouldn't issue these things until/unless they had enough preorders. And there's always a small group of big fans for something. I bought Rupert Holmes' box set (yes, you read right) when it was originally issued in 2005 (I was hesitant because it was about $80, but my wife told me, "You are going to kick yourself for the rest of your life if you don't buy this, and I don't want to have to listen to you do that."). It's been out of stock since about 2006, and when it does pop up used on Amazon or eBay, it goes for four or five times that price.

TLEberle:

--- Quote from: snowpeck on August 08, 2020, 04:00:04 PM ---Which Double Dare are we talking here?

--- End quote ---
The one that ran 17 weeks in th3 mid 1970s.

snowpeck:

--- Quote from: TLEberle on August 10, 2020, 06:28:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: snowpeck on August 08, 2020, 04:00:04 PM ---Which Double Dare are we talking here?

--- End quote ---
The one that ran 17 weeks in th3 mid 1970s.

--- End quote ---
That's what I thought. That one is totally doable, only 96 episodes. Most sitcom complete series box sets have more episodes than that.

Bryce L.:

--- Quote from: snowpeck on August 10, 2020, 06:32:11 PM ---That one is totally doable

--- End quote ---
Is it, though? I'd always heard there were several weeks' worth of shows from late in the run that were perpetually skipped when the show was on GSN (something about tape damage?). Granted, I'll take what I can get, but I question whether everything is there (and in airable/uploadable condition)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version