Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hey, Isn't That....?  (Read 10016 times)

rigsby

Hey, Isn't That....?
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2007, 10:18:44 AM »
Y'know, I've always thought "Come On Down" by Crystal Waters sounds like...oh, never mind.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Hey, Isn't That....?
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2007, 01:22:18 PM »
[quote name=\'rigsby\' post=\'147658\' date=\'Mar 8 2007, 07:18 AM\']
Y'know, I've always thought "Come On Down" by Crystal Waters sounds like...oh, never mind.
[/quote]
I can't believe I didn't think of this joke. Bravo. Bravissimo.

/is it too late to invoke "My Definition Of A Boombastic Jazz Style" by Dream Warriors?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BMaurice06

Hey, Isn't That....?
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2007, 03:21:17 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' post=\'147587\' date=\'Mar 7 2007, 07:05 AM\']
Cut loose like a deuce... it was the Manfred Mann version of "Blinded By The Light" that had that Chopsticks interlude that Bruce Springsteen could never have dreamed of.
[/quote]

To me, I can spot similarities betweeen the Starcade theme and the keyboard arrangement in "Blinded by the Light".  Just listen to them back to back and tell me you don't see any similarities.

BrandonFG

Re: Hey, Isn't That....?
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2020, 03:32:10 PM »
I know I'm 13 years late, but I really didn't want to make a new thread for this.

Now that Caesar's Challenge's music is on the TVPMM, parts of the main theme remind me of the Black Eyed Peas I Gotta Feeling.

A few years ago, I thought the Classic Concentration theme reminded me a bit of Sussudio by Phil Collins.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

whewfan

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2020, 05:57:10 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'147572\' date=\'Mar 6 2007, 11:35 PM\']
To me, the theme to "High Chaparral" sounded a lot like the Tornadoes hit "Telstar."...oops, sorry, wrong forum.

I'll throw out some I thought were similar:

"Hit Man"-"Livin' it Up (Friday Night)"
"Super Password"-"If the Love Fits"
"Bullseye"-"Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Santa Esmeralda version)
"Treasure Hunt" closing theme-"True Grit"

Sorry about my "empty reply", I hit the wrong button... anyway, I listened to samples of these through iTunes...

I don't really hear any similarity with Livin it Up to Hitman, If the Love Fits I guess kind of sounds like a slowed down version of the SP theme, and most of us know that the pilot Bullseye theme was indeed inspired by the Santa Esmerelda song and that the TH closing theme was basically an instrumental of True Grit.
[/quote]

Hitman was far closer to World's Away by Pablo Cruise

Bryce L.

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2020, 06:07:48 PM »
Pretty sure they outright used "Worlds Away" in the pilot episode.

TonicBH

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2020, 06:10:20 PM »

It wasn't just far closer, the show's pilot (per Winc.'s Youtube) literally uses World's Away as its theme.
You Found a Secret Area: The place where I write about dumb game show and video game stuff occasionally.

tyshaun1

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2020, 07:55:57 PM »
I know I'm 13 years late, but I really didn't want to make a new thread for this.

A few years ago, I thought the Classic Concentration theme reminded me a bit of Sussudio by Phil Collins.

Funny, I've always heard the bass line from "Second Time Around" by Shalamar in the CC theme.

BrandonFG

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2020, 08:57:49 PM »

Funny, I've always heard the bass line from "Second Time Around" by Shalamar in the CC theme.
I can hear this too, esp. during the chorus of "Second Time Around".
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

calliaume

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2020, 10:08:44 PM »

This makes a lot more sense, especially since "Sussudio" (and the song's parent album, No Jacket Required) came out about six months after Classic Concentration's theme was first used as ticket plug music on Body Language. "The Second Time Around" came out in 1980.