The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Multiple ways for the champ to lose?

<< < (2/3) > >>

PYLdude:
Sale of the Century did but only if you got to the car in the Winner’s Big Money Game and didn’t get it.

I’m operating under the assumption that for the sake of discussion we’re not counting shows that eliminate a contestant after a round of play, such as Joker 90 or the first Jeopardy revival?

SuperMatch93:
Didn't you retire from the daytime Name That Tune if you lost the Golden Medley?

PYLdude:

--- Quote from: SuperMatch93 on August 01, 2020, 04:54:41 PM ---Didn't you retire from the daytime Name That Tune if you lost the Golden Medley?

--- End quote ---

According to Wiki, yes; it was when the Medley was five tunes to win.

Would have liked to find a better source but the only other one I went to was Curt Alliaume’s now-archived site and it wasn’t a lot of help (although I don’t blame Curt for that, because it barely qualified as a 1975 game show as it joined Winning Streak and Jeopardy on the cancel boat and if I’m not mistaken, much of it doesn’t exist anyway).

Neumms:

--- Quote from: Mr. Matté on August 01, 2020, 04:08:51 PM ---I think the loser of the classic Password game was brought back to the qualifying round table in the next match.

--- End quote ---

In the Betty White/Vicki Laurence episode in which the Big Money Lightning Round ended at $0, both players went back to the table.

That Don Guy:

--- Quote from: Mr. Matté on August 01, 2020, 04:08:51 PM ---
--- Quote from: alfonzos on August 01, 2020, 01:34:42 PM ---The current champion could be eliminated from play here or lose playing the classic game.

--- End quote ---

I think the loser of the classic Password game was brought back to the qualifying round table in the next match.

--- End quote ---

This is how I remembered it as well.

A couple I can think of:

$1,000,000 Chance of a Lifetime - if the champions lost to their opponents, or did not win the bonus round.

Winning Streak - in the version where the champion played the head-to-head game, the champion could lose there, lose by getting a zero in the "Winning Streak" round, or lose the subsequent "showdown."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version