The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Which game show had the best pilot?

<< < (2/6) > >>

TLEberle:
I cannot help myself--I love Oddball. There's a way to speed up the game and to make it not a stupid race to $500, but I love the fusion of Match Game and Super Password. It's a great party game too.

BrandonFG:
Oddball is a good one.

I'll now add Second Guess to my list. I love the strategy of deciding to play for two smaller prizes, or go for the biggest one, and seeing if that overrides your opponent's two. And I love any prize-based game show that allows contestants to win some cash to offset the taxes.

BillCullen1:
For a show that made it to air, I'll go with Blockbusters. For one that didn't, I'll go with Puzzlers.

Casey:
I also enjoyed Second Guess.. Another I liked and would have watched had it gone to series was Twisters..  One I’d like to see but have never come across - Face the Music.

Blanquepage:
Always loved watching the PDQ pilot. I'll never forget David Schwartz replying to an email of mine years ago in which he confirmed the entire run still exists in Four Star TV's vaults. Wish it finally made its way out! As for unsold, Temptation from '81 is still one of my favorites, thought it was pretty neat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version