Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: If you are near Atlanta ...  (Read 980 times)

colonial

If you are near Atlanta ...
« on: August 05, 2020, 11:09:31 AM »
... you can head to Jeff Foxworthy's house and buy his stuff (if you make an appointment ahead of time, of course).

https://www.estatesales.net/GA/Johns-Creek/30022/2555268

Foxworthy and his family are apparently downsizing and selling their mansion in Johns Creek (about 25 miles north of Atlanta). Some photos on the site show signed memorabilia from 5th Grader and American Bible Challenge (he also has a ton of impressive sports memorabilia as well).

On a sidenote, having lived in the Atlanta area for more than a decade before moving to Florida last year, Foxworthy was always considered a "local guy done good" and it was surprisingly common to see him from time to time at local businesses and such.

Two personal stories of note ...

1) Shortly after getting married, my wife wanted to get a silver tray we received as a wedding gift engraved. She pointed to a store in Alpharetta where the gift was purchased, and I went in. It was a fancy silver shop, but something caught my eye as I handed the plate to the clerk. There were three people chatting loudly on the other side of the store. One man with a familiar voice said "I guarantee it ... these items will sell and sell fast!" He turned out to leave, and it was Jeff Foxworthy. After getting my ticket to pick up the tray at a later date, I went to where Foxworthy and the others were standing. On a table, there were packages of drink coasters with some of Foxworthy's "You Might Be a Redneck" jokes written on them. A bit odd in this store, so I just shrugged and left.

A few days later, I went back to the store to pick up the tray. I looked at the table again, and the coasters were completely sold out. The clerk even mentioned to me that they may get a fresh supply soon. I said to the clerk that I saw Foxworthy pitch the coasters to his bosses at the store. The clerk smiled and said that he's "always testing his products here" and an "excellent customer." So if there's any silver at the estate sale, it's probably from said store (Parsons, which has since closed).

2) Before the wedding, my sister and other members of my side of the family were insistent on traveling through Alpharetta and Johns Creek to, in their words, "find Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown's house." I wanted no part of that, so I wished them well. At the reception, I went to my sister and asked how the search went.

Sis: We never found the house. We drove around two hours.
Me: Well, a lot of the ritzier neighborhoods are gated and don't allow strangers in.
Sis: But we did see one celebrity.
Me: You did? Who?
Sis: The guy who tells the redneck jokes.
Me: Jeff Foxworthy? Yeah, he lives in the area. Where did you see him?
Sis: We drove past this pretty big mansion, and I'm pretty sure we saw Jeff Foxworthy mowing his lawn. I was shocked.
Me: Well it gets pretty hot down here. A lot of people mow their lawns either right at sun-up or right before sundown.
Sis: No, you don't understand. He's a rich guy who mows his own lawn!
Me: Well, he is a redneck.
Sis: True. I honestly expected him to use a cheap pushmower, but he had a pretty fancy four-wheeler with all the options. If my husband and I buy a house with a white picket fence, we want that mower. 

JD