Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: EBAY: For the Serious Nipsey Collector  (Read 1929 times)

Matt Ottinger

This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

BrandonFG

Re: EBAY: For the Serious Nipsey Collector
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 07:26:19 PM »
I’m not too sure
So I’ll keep on spying
Cause I don’t think
That record’s worth buying!
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

SamJ93

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 05:16:45 AM »
I can't be the only one who thought the line "Unscrupulous competitors may confuse the two; we do not" in the description referred to mixing up Russell and the late rapper Nipsey Hustle...right?

Seriously, please tell me I'm not the only one.
It was Bob Barker. He was eating a bologna and cheese-ball sandwich.

whewfan

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2020, 08:11:34 AM »
I wouldn't think it's worth the $4500 asking price! Would be nice to hear a snippet of the record as there's no comment on the quality of the recording.

snowpeck

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2020, 08:12:00 PM »
I wouldn't think it's worth the $4500 asking price! Would be nice to hear a snippet of the record as there's no comment on the quality of the recording.
It's no ordinary record. It's an acetate master used in the production process. Playing it just to make a sample for the auction (or for any purpose really) would have the chance of causing damage to the disc. Still a steep price though.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

JMFabiano

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2020, 04:33:44 PM »
It's no ordinary record. It's an acetate master used in the production process. Playing it just to make a sample for the auction (or for any purpose really) would have the chance of causing damage to the disc. Still a steep price though.

Play it backwards and Nipsey tells you to avenge yourself against bullies and such. 

(only if you get said acetate from disc jockey Gene Simmons, of course)
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.