Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr stream stopping for anyone else?  (Read 10181 times)

catnap1972

Buzzr stream stopping for anyone else?
« on: July 13, 2020, 08:46:04 PM »
Nobody's mentioned it so maybe it's just happening to me but figure I'd ask...is the website stream hanging up from time to time for anyone else?  Usually an F5 fixes it for a little while but it's still annoying.  Been happening for the past couple of weeks randomly.

Bryce L.

Re: Buzzr stream stopping for anyone else?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 08:47:00 PM »
No issues on my end.

catnap1972

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 09:15:22 PM »
Just did it again a few minutes ago (shrug).  I'll see if deleting cookies does anything, if not I'll try incognito and another browser.  Really no reason for this to be happening.

Bryce L.

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2020, 09:23:11 PM »
Then again, I don't actually use a browser... I have it routed through VLC for recording. Maybe that might get better results?

catnap1972

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2020, 10:14:03 PM »
Seems to be okay on Pluto so maybe it's their website stream that's acting up (shrug)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2020, 10:48:31 PM »
The browser stream does that from time to time.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2020, 08:04:51 PM »
It's a new stream, compared to the one posted four months ago regarding watching/recording BUZZR via VLC player.  The old URL from then still works but I can't record from it, as it occasionally shows up as a green video with complete audio.  The old stream shows commercials, while the new stream shows GSN's "We'll Be Right Back" animation.  The address of the newer stream is https://buzzrota-web.amagi.tv/playlist.m3u8.

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2020, 10:25:48 AM »
It's a new stream, compared to the one posted four months ago regarding watching/recording BUZZR via VLC player.  The old URL from then still works but I can't record from it, as it occasionally shows up as a green video with complete audio.  The old stream shows commercials, while the new stream shows GSN's "We'll Be Right Back" animation.  The address of the newer stream is https://buzzrota-web.amagi.tv/playlist.m3u8.

I'm still using the old stream url and recording in VLC just fine.
It might be because I haven't downloaded VLC update, still using 3.0.8.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2020, 02:00:08 PM »
I'm still using the old stream url and recording in VLC just fine.
It might be because I haven't downloaded VLC update, still using 3.0.8.
This might be the issue.  I'm using 3.0.11.  I'm dialing back to 3.0.8 right now.

WhammyPower

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2020, 12:39:16 PM »
I fought a couple of audio issues with VLC on my Mac with before downgrading to 3.0.8. Haven't looked back.

Bryce L.

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2020, 04:03:24 PM »
Is this new stream supposed to have lower audio levels than the old one? Sounds much quieter.

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2020, 04:06:32 PM »
Had to switch to the new stream today, the old one started to get all glitchy during Password Plus this afternoon. New stream shows no quality issues.

JakeT

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2020, 08:51:33 PM »
The BUZZR stream from their page is constantly freezing tonight during LMaD...

JakeT

Sodboy13

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2020, 11:54:44 PM »
It might not be the stream. I've been watching on cable for a few minutes and have noticed some hitches and glitches.

Also, after 5 years, my cable provider has finally stopped stretching Buzzr to 16:9.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

mystery7

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2020, 11:22:52 AM »
Nice to see Pluto has also started showing Buzzr in 4:3. Now if it could only do something about those massive swings in volume between commercials.