Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: American Weakest Link Revival Now Casting  (Read 11468 times)

Loogaroo

Re: American Weakest Link Revival Now Casting
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2020, 12:23:13 AM »
I believe the order of operations for the original WL went: most right answers, fewest wrong answers, most money banked, highest cumulative dollar amount of correct answers. There were probably a few more layers to the tiebreaker there, but they get so granular at that point that you might as well flip a coin.
You're in a room. You're wearing a silly hat.
There are letters on the floor. They spell "NOPE".

Sodboy13

« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2020, 12:36:16 AM »
After that, it was opponent's non-divisional strength of schedule.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

Stackertosh

« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2020, 08:20:35 AM »
The show was pretty good. Jane did a good job hosting the show. She did came off a bit robotic sometimes. The question reading was slow but that's common with a new Weakest Link host. The New music is wonderful i thought Weakest Link needed fresh music for years.

I am not really a fan of the set. The set has way too many led screens all over the place. The set is way too large. I miss the lights going all over the place when the walk of shame happen.

I wasn't too keen on the contestants i felt like they came from GSN casting.

The canned audience was awkward. 

« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 08:51:07 AM by Stackertosh »

dscungio

« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2020, 10:18:07 AM »
I believe the order of operations for the original WL went: most right answers, fewest wrong answers, most money banked, highest cumulative dollar amount of correct answers. There were probably a few more layers to the tiebreaker there, but they get so granular at that point that you might as well flip a coin.

1. Most right answers
2. Least number of wrong answers
3. Amount of money banked by the player
4. Amount of money "earned" by answering questions
5. Least amount of money lost by failing to bank
6. Full game performance using the previous 5 steps
7. RANDOM selection by the producers

In the disastrous second round, both Angel and Reanna were 2-0, both banked nothing, both earned $2,000 and both lost no money. They had to go to full game results where Angel was 4-0 after two rounds whereas Reanna was 3-1.

P.S. I did TWL stats 19 years ago...Wow.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2020, 03:07:24 PM »
1. Most right answers

So the one time that a team had a perfect first round, Player 1 would have been the strongest link because he's the one who banked, making player 2 the weakest link by answering the lowest-value question among non-bankers. Did I get that right?

dscungio

« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2020, 09:59:19 PM »
1. Most right answers

So the one time that a team had a perfect first round, Player 1 would have been the strongest link because he's the one who banked, making player 2 the weakest link by answering the lowest-value question among non-bankers. Did I get that right?

Yep.  In the first round of 8 players on the original show (2001), all players would be 1-0, Player 1 banked the money and Player 2 earned the least out of the rest.

With the current (2020) first round, since the first couple of questions are an extra $1,000 over the previous one, Players 2 through 5 would all be tied for Weakest Link because they are all 1-0 and earned $1,000 each. This would go to a random drawing because all the other criteria to break the tie is the same.

Chuck Sutton

« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2020, 10:34:18 PM »
I remember once on the George Gray version.  Right off the bat everyone was right and the had the maximum amount.  The first person did not bank.   Fortunately she got her second question right.  The next person banked the money.  Even though she made a potentially horrible mistake she was called the strongest link because she had two questions right. 

Of course everyone else voted her the weakest link.

jcs290

« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2020, 08:42:48 AM »
I might be remembering wrong, but I thought time was another Strongest Link factor.  One time on the '00s version I thought the announcer said someone was the strongest link because he answered his all of his questions correctly in the least amount of time.

bwood

« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2020, 09:13:48 PM »

The off-screen announcer was good -- went more into detail about player performance than in previous incarnations of the show -- but I didn't catch the person's name in the credits. Any clue who that was.

Seems to be Debra Wilson from MadTV fame. I had no idea, but my fiancée kept saying it sounded like her. I looked it up, and she was right.