The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

American Weakest Link Revival Now Casting

<< < (11/11)

dscungio:

--- Quote from: Kevin Prather on October 01, 2020, 03:07:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: dscungio on October 01, 2020, 10:18:07 AM ---1. Most right answers
2. Least number of wrong answers
3. Amount of money banked by the player
4. Amount of money "earned" by answering questions
5. Least amount of money lost by failing to bank
6. Full game performance using the previous 5 steps
7. RANDOM selection by the producers

--- End quote ---

So the one time that a team had a perfect first round, Player 1 would have been the strongest link because he's the one who banked, making player 2 the weakest link by answering the lowest-value question among non-bankers. Did I get that right?

--- End quote ---

Yep.  In the first round of 8 players on the original show (2001), all players would be 1-0, Player 1 banked the money and Player 2 earned the least out of the rest.

With the current (2020) first round, since the first couple of questions are an extra $1,000 over the previous one, Players 2 through 5 would all be tied for Weakest Link because they are all 1-0 and earned $1,000 each. This would go to a random drawing because all the other criteria to break the tie is the same.

Chuck Sutton:
I remember once on the George Gray version.  Right off the bat everyone was right and the had the maximum amount.  The first person did not bank.   Fortunately she got her second question right.  The next person banked the money.  Even though she made a potentially horrible mistake she was called the strongest link because she had two questions right. 

Of course everyone else voted her the weakest link.

jcs290:
I might be remembering wrong, but I thought time was another Strongest Link factor.  One time on the '00s version I thought the announcer said someone was the strongest link because he answered his all of his questions correctly in the least amount of time.

bwood:

--- Quote from: colonial on September 30, 2020, 09:44:32 AM ---
The off-screen announcer was good -- went more into detail about player performance than in previous incarnations of the show -- but I didn't catch the person's name in the credits. Any clue who that was.

--- End quote ---

Seems to be Debra Wilson from MadTV fame. I had no idea, but my fiancée kept saying it sounded like her. I looked it up, and she was right.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version