Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Barker TPIR coming to Pluto TV 12/1/20 (Confirmed)  (Read 100644 times)

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
Re: Barker TPIR coming to Pluto TV 12/1/20 (Confirmed)
« Reply #195 on: February 27, 2021, 01:04:28 AM »
I have a couple others from around Christmas 1984, as well as the 10/1/84 episode, which has an unconfirmed lineup (grayed out) on the Golden Road calendar.
Holy crap, you do?  Please, for the love of God, give me the lineup -- I don't even know one of the games on that episode.
Squeeze Play/Safe Crackers/Hole in One/Danger Price/Cliff Hangers/Money Game.

Is there a way to confirm that this is definitely October 1 and not November 8?  There are some mistakes in the pricing game records in that week of November, and one of the possible game combos they could result in is that set.  A couple things I can think of that might narrow it down are the color of the opening titles and whether the Big Wheel's scoreboard is sportstype or vane.

Thanks in advance for checking this.  I know it's a pain in the ass.

The opening titles are blue. The scoreboard in the SCSD is still the one from 1975.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #196 on: February 27, 2021, 01:13:32 AM »
The scoreboard in the SCSD is still the one from 1975.

October 1 without a doubt, then.  Thank you!

Kevin Prather

« Reply #197 on: February 27, 2021, 04:14:58 PM »
Looks like we're back to 1982 again.

Also looks like the technical issues are resolved. (EDIT: Maybe I spoke too soon, but they seem to be less than before.)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 04:28:41 PM by Kevin Prather »

snowpeck

« Reply #198 on: February 27, 2021, 04:31:08 PM »

Also looks like the technical issues are resolved. (EDIT: Maybe I spoke too soon, but they seem to be less than before.)
Yep, we hit the 200 episode mark on Friday afternoon. Now the question is how long they loop this 200 before they add and/or drop any from the rotation.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #199 on: February 27, 2021, 05:48:32 PM »
If I were guessing, we'll see at least 100 more episodes probably around May.  Even on the streaming side there's still enough of the traditional TV mentality that "add new things in February" probably isn't a coincidence relative to that month's importance under the linear tv ratings format. Also gives the current batch a few cycles to run through plus it does take time to get the episodes converted and screened.

If they keep adding on, eventually the number of episodes is going to get too unwieldy. There's 168 hours per week, so right now it takes them 8 1/3 days to run every episode they have. My *guess* is that somewhere no greater than 400, possibly less, they're going to start culling episodes from the front end of the run assuming they stick to their currently "all the episodes, looped" model. "Everything from 1982" as the first cull point gets rid of 76 shows from their rotation, keeps the Plinko debut, keeps everything from calendar year 1983, gets rid of everything with the old turntable, and gets rid of those early September/October '82 eps that have been seen BY FAR more than anything else on the channel so far, but assuming they keep adding new episodes, I think we're still a little way from that point. If the Fall '82 shows are still in rotation past the end of Cycle 4 (at which point we'd be a couple months into Fall '84) I'll be surprised unless the way the channel is scheduled changes.

Although in theory there's no reason they'd *have* to drop anything, beyond "storage capacity in the playout server". 

snowpeck

« Reply #200 on: February 27, 2021, 06:16:32 PM »
The scoreboard in the SCSD is still the one from 1975.

October 1 without a doubt, then.  Thank you!
And I almost forgot the one other thing that helped me date the episode. Bob, forever keeping track of how well he does with inspiration putts, was bragging about having gotten two putts in a row prior to this episode, which he said meant he hadn't missed one all season.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Sodboy13

« Reply #201 on: February 28, 2021, 11:06:10 PM »

Update from Sunday night: You have spoken too soon.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

aaron sica

« Reply #202 on: March 01, 2021, 07:39:13 AM »

Yep......Missed a showcase reveal last evening, the BUZZR feed was repeating segments and running like 3 minutes behind as well. I don't think I can watch again until it's resolved...At least I can get BUZZR on other means besides Pluto.

BrandonFG

« Reply #203 on: March 01, 2021, 08:35:44 AM »

Yep......Missed a showcase reveal last evening, the BUZZR feed was repeating segments and running like 3 minutes behind as well. I don't think I can watch again until it's resolved...At least I can get BUZZR on other means besides Pluto.
I tried to watch $otC last night on Pluto’s Buzzr feed, and starting with the speed round, the audio kept dropping out. Very aggravating, and I had to turn it off as well. I try not to complain about a free service, but it’s annoying.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

aaron sica

« Reply #204 on: March 01, 2021, 09:25:27 AM »
I tried to watch $otC last night on Pluto’s Buzzr feed, and starting with the speed round, the audio kept dropping out. Very aggravating, and I had to turn it off as well. I try not to complain about a free service, but it’s annoying.

My solution might not be for everyone...But I use my VPN, and Locast (I like what it's doing for people, so I kick in the $6/mo donation) to get the locals from either NYC or Washington. Both of them have the BUZZR subchannel. I used to use NKT, but the feed became unreliable.

chrisholland03

« Reply #205 on: March 01, 2021, 09:34:56 AM »
As someone who is pulling Pluto stations from multiple sources, including a live feed from Pluto itself, I have observed that the issue appears to be in the venue Pluto is being consumed and not Pluto. 

I'm not sure if Pluto is sending 'break' signals in the right spot and/or if Google/Amazon/Apple/Samsung/Roku/etc are not receiving it properly and/or ignoring it.

That said, I have observed on occasion, especially on the first airing of a show, where the Pluto live feed has audio/video sync issues that do not occur on subsequent airings.  It's rare - with Price it happened on a couple of launch day episodes, and a couple of other occasions along the way.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #206 on: March 03, 2021, 04:19:40 PM »
But I use my VPN, and Locast (I like what it's doing for people, so I kick in the $6/mo donation)

Curious, once you pay up, does it more or less stay out of the way or do you still get occasional begs for donations? $60 a year for guaranteed locals without dealing with an antenna is pretty compelling if we do cord-cut.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #207 on: March 03, 2021, 04:27:23 PM »

My solution might not be for everyone...But I use my VPN, and Locast (I like what it's doing for people, so I kick in the $6/mo donation) to get the locals from either NYC or Washington. Both of them have the BUZZR subchannel. I used to use NKT, but the feed became unreliable.
I'll have to keep an eye on this. Right now, my market isn't part of their list and they have a strict Geofencing policy preventing me from getting the nearest market, which is DC. My antenna is pretty spotty, so I got Youtube TV. I'd love to get this for local channels and subchannels like MeTV.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

tvmitch

« Reply #208 on: March 05, 2021, 11:00:39 AM »

I'll have to keep an eye on this. Right now, my market isn't part of their list and they have a strict Geofencing policy preventing me from getting the nearest market, which is DC. My antenna is pretty spotty, so I got Youtube TV. I'd love to get this for local channels and subchannels like MeTV.
I posted this in another thread, but if you have the equipment and the time to experiment and set it up, Channels DVR is an ideal solution for this. I am also doing what Aaron describes with a VPN and Locast. I run an older PC as a Channels DVR server, with an always-on VPN, and can record an OTA stream of Buzzr. I also feed my rooftop antenna into it. It has replaced my TiVo setup and is the bee's knees.

It's also possible to get a Buzzr feed without subscribing to Locast - it is the TV Everywhere feed that you can sync to Channels DVR with a free Sling TV account. Although I imagine that feed is likely what is being fed through PlutoTV, so YMMV with its reliability.

I will also add as information here: Channels does allow you to import Pluto TV channels, which I attempted to do to try to record the TPIR channel. Sadly, this proved to be a disaster, because the guide data didn't sync correctly and Pluto has so many channels that it clogged up my guide. I'm sure it would be possible to do with rules if you're very determined, but I didn't have the time to figure it out.
You should follow me on Twitter

aaron sica

« Reply #209 on: March 05, 2021, 11:57:27 AM »
Curious, once you pay up, does it more or less stay out of the way or do you still get occasional begs for donations? $60 a year for guaranteed locals without dealing with an antenna is pretty compelling if we do cord-cut.

Absolutely no begs for donations. Runs like a champ.