Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Barker TPIR coming to Pluto TV 12/1/20 (Confirmed)  (Read 100617 times)

snowpeck

Re: Barker TPIR coming to Pluto TV 12/1/20 (Confirmed)
« Reply #165 on: February 12, 2021, 10:58:11 PM »
So, how are these shows being aired now? Is it 6 per day in order, a constant loop with 24 episodes per day, or are they all shuffled with no respect to chronological order? I flipped it on last night and got an '82 episode promoting the Home Viewer Showcase.
It's a constant loop with 24 shows per day. They air everything they have in order and then loop back to the beginning and air them all again.

They currently have 160 shows but all this month it seems they're adding around 30 new shows to the end of each rotation until they have 200 total.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Otm Shank

« Reply #166 on: February 15, 2021, 12:01:12 PM »
-- Pre-Plinko, I would have to say Super Ball was my favorite game as a child. I understand why the game was eased out, but it was simply cool, as an eight-year-old, to see a childhood arcade staple being played on a game show (also liked the camera work on this game, particularly the closeup of the contestant preparing to roll with the audience behind them).

Never really occurred to me when it originally aired, but I just realized that shot is coming from the camera behind the game, shooting through 1-way glass (or just a hole in the prop) under the score display. Cue Dick Gautier: "THERE'S A MAN ... BEHIND THERE!!!"

Kevin Prather

« Reply #167 on: February 17, 2021, 01:08:56 AM »
So every two or three shows during the opening pan, I noticed the same woman sitting in the audience. She almost always enters the shot right at the end of the pan, and she always waves at the camera. Is that Fingers?

cmjb13

« Reply #168 on: February 17, 2021, 07:13:10 AM »
So every two or three shows during the opening pan, I noticed the same woman sitting in the audience. She almost always enters the shot right at the end of the pan, and she always waves at the camera. Is that Fingers?

Gina Edwards-Nyman
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

catnap1972

« Reply #169 on: February 17, 2021, 08:18:52 AM »
Are the audio dropouts an issue with Pluto or the tape(s)?  Happening now with 4932.

chrisholland03

« Reply #170 on: February 17, 2021, 12:55:21 PM »
It may be the Pluto feed itself.  They've had a handful of airings along the way that had audio sync issues (confirmed by other folks watching at the same time).  Subsequent re-airings didn't have issues.

Sodboy13

« Reply #171 on: February 24, 2021, 11:40:26 PM »
Watching tonight and something strange is going on. A few seconds of the show is getting trimmed out at random moments. I noticed the last episode ended around 10:03, so I wonder if this is their automated system's way of catching up if it falls behind.

Edit: Something's off with their clock and their breaks must be running long, because we went into the break after the second Showcase Showdown at 10:55.

Also, upon seeing several playings of Blank Check/Check Game, I have reached the conclusion that the game primarily got a reputation because Bob could never figure out how to explain the game without making it sound convoluted as hell.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 11:58:02 PM by Sodboy13 »
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

catnap1972

« Reply #172 on: February 25, 2021, 01:04:35 PM »
Yeah, something is seriously wrong...clipping out bits and pieces and commercials are being dropped in at random points.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #173 on: February 25, 2021, 04:32:31 PM »
They've obviously got something new going on. They've replaced their "We'll be back soon" screen with a blank screen with a PiR cue playing. But they've been frequently coming back from commercial without the sound kicking in for the first few seconds, along with the aforementioned jump cuts.

BrandonFG

« Reply #174 on: February 25, 2021, 04:38:06 PM »
I dunno how frequently this happens, but I watched an episode a couple weeks ago, and after the Showcase bids, Pluto showed a couple ads. The Pluto logo then popped up for a very extended period, and by the time they cut back to the show, they're rolling the credits. So if you wanna know what the margin of victory was, sorry about that Chief.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

catnap1972

« Reply #175 on: February 25, 2021, 09:55:31 PM »
From the sound of it, the feed people are recording off of doesn't have the dropouts/glitches, only the actual Pluto stream has the issues.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #176 on: February 26, 2021, 12:12:40 AM »
I dunno how frequently this happens, but I watched an episode a couple weeks ago, and after the Showcase bids, Pluto showed a couple ads. The Pluto logo then popped up for a very extended period, and by the time they cut back to the show, they're rolling the credits. So if you wanna know what the margin of victory was, sorry about that Chief.
There are a couple of sources that do this. I've had it happen on the Pluto app on both my iPad and my Xfinity set top box. Happens far more often on the set top box than other places. It's very annoying. The best solution is to go to another channel and then jump back when you notice it's been a little while.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #177 on: February 26, 2021, 04:32:52 AM »
Also, upon seeing several playings of Blank Check/Check Game, I have reached the conclusion that the game primarily got a reputation because Bob could never figure out how to explain the game without making it sound convoluted as hell.

Probably because the optimal way of approaching the game involves mental subtraction, something your average person is going to bristle at horribly. Even in my high school math classes, my teacher would introduce alternate ways to work out a problem just to avoid subtraction.

chargeradiocom

« Reply #178 on: February 26, 2021, 09:15:04 AM »
Something seems to be up with Pluto, affecting some channels but not all. I actually had something like this happen yesterday with the BUZZR Pluto channel, though BUZZR on all other streaming services I checked seemed to be running ok. BUZZR & TPIR are the only Pluto channels where I personally have run across this issue as of late.

FWIW, this issue is also being discussed on the aforementioned (Unofficial) Pluto TV Fans & Viewers Group on Facebook. Barker TPIR seems to be the consensus worst offender on this issue.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 09:31:35 AM by chargeradiocom »

aaron sica

« Reply #179 on: February 26, 2021, 09:31:08 AM »
Non-game show related, but one thing I noticed over the past week or so in watching the "Family Ties" and "Love Boat" channel is that it tends to repeat segments. For example, I watched the end of a Love Boat episode (last scenes and credits), then it played the whole sequence again.