Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Barker TPIR coming to Pluto TV 12/1/20 (Confirmed)  (Read 100676 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Re: Barker TPIR coming to Pluto TV 12/1/20 (Confirmed)
« Reply #150 on: December 16, 2020, 04:56:17 PM »
Sure, a board full of game show geeks (I use the term inclusively & affectionately) like this is going to discuss and/or poke fun at nearly every aspect of the show, the extracurriculars included.

...which is all he needs. Mr. Abell was disinvited from the proceedings long ago for jackbaggery of this nature and has carried a grudge ever since.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #151 on: December 17, 2020, 01:25:08 AM »
Really not sure how he drew that conclusion.

He's a goof.  It's what he does.

TimK2003

« Reply #152 on: January 03, 2021, 11:09:16 PM »
Caught the holiday-week episode over the weekend where after the 1st game (Most Expensive), Bob talked to his Beauties and asked each of them what they wanted for Christmas.  When Bob asked Diane, she blushed and said she couldn't say what she wanted on air.

In hindsight, you wonder.....

snowpeck

« Reply #153 on: January 12, 2021, 06:44:06 PM »
Pluto's made a slight update, in that you no longer have to wonder or search airdate calendars to figure out what episode is airing. The episode numbers are now included in Pluto's guide listings.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

aaron sica

« Reply #154 on: January 25, 2021, 10:49:34 AM »
According to their Instagram page, a week from tomorrow:
---
On Tuesday 2/2 at 10am (EST), we will add 30 new episodes from 1983 in chronological order based on their original airdates. We will continue to expand the schedule throughout the month, until we have 200 episodes in rotation.
--

BrandonFG

« Reply #155 on: January 25, 2021, 11:09:11 PM »
Take your pick on this one...

During the Showcase Showdown, Bob asks what the three contestants would do with $11K. First woman says she would buy a house. Bob being Bob, he deflates that dream by telling her that won’t buy much of a house. Second woman says she’d have a baby, to which Bob tells her that’s not that works. Anyway, she got 50 cents, to which Bob says she can get a dog*.

Fast forward to the Showcases. Newlywed woman debates whether to keep hers and looks to the husband in the audience. She passes and Bob basically said if she keeps listening to her husband, her marriage will be very successful. When a few women boo, he notes that he didn’t see a man next to them.

The woman makes her bid, and Bob asks if she came up with that on her own. Again, take your pick.

*/Surprisingly, he didn’t offer to help her do so
//I keed
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #156 on: January 26, 2021, 12:46:31 AM »
When you’re the face of the most popular game show on in daytime I guess you can do what you damn well please.
Travis L. Eberle

JMFabiano

« Reply #157 on: January 27, 2021, 09:02:00 PM »

During the Showcase Showdown, Bob asks what the three contestants would do with $11K. First woman says she would buy a house. Bob being Bob, he deflates that dream by telling her that won’t buy much of a house. Second woman says she’d have a baby, to which Bob tells her that’s not that works. Anyway, she got 50 cents, to which Bob says she can get a dog*.

Fast forward to the Showcases. Newlywed woman debates whether to keep hers and looks to the husband in the audience. She passes and Bob basically said if she keeps listening to her husband, her marriage will be very successful. When a few women boo, he notes that he didn’t see a man next to them.

The woman makes her bid, and Bob asks if she came up with that on her own. Again, take your pick.

//I keed

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dOV5WXISM24
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

SamPrainito

« Reply #158 on: January 27, 2021, 09:20:36 PM »
WTF did I just watch?!?!

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #159 on: January 28, 2021, 02:58:51 AM »

//I keed

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dOV5WXISM24

Slaps.

colonial

« Reply #160 on: February 06, 2021, 11:15:16 PM »
Got a pair of Roku TVs for Christmas (one for the family room, one for my bedroom), so I've caught some of the TPiR channel from time to time. Fun throwback to childhood sick days and summers.

-- Pre-Plinko, I would have to say Super Ball was my favorite game as a child. I understand why the game was eased out, but it was simply cool, as an eight-year-old, to see a childhood arcade staple being played on a game show (also liked the camera work on this game, particularly the closeup of the contestant preparing to roll with the audience behind them).

-- TPiR had a great deal of iconic music composed by Edd Kalehoff/Score Productions during this period, so I was surprised to hear the show use Herb Alpert's "Route 101" as the "Better Showcase" music a few times. Curious how long TPiR had that song in the rotation, and if they ever used other Alpert-composed music.

JD

TimK2003

« Reply #161 on: February 06, 2021, 11:35:33 PM »

-- TPiR had a great deal of iconic music composed by Edd Kalehoff/Score Productions during this period, so I was surprised to hear the show use Herb Alpert's "Route 101" as the "Better Showcase" music a few times. Curious how long TPiR had that song in the rotation, and if they ever used other Alpert-composed music.

JD

Another interesting non-Kalehoff recurring music cue is the one that's played in the Mime showcases where Holly plays the mime.  It is a variant of an "Odd Couple" underscore.  Anyone know what that tune is?

Bryce L.

« Reply #162 on: February 06, 2021, 11:52:40 PM »
"Route 101" was used on the show as late as 1990, since it was used when plugging that year's Home Viewer Showcase.

snowpeck

« Reply #163 on: February 08, 2021, 11:08:15 PM »
For everyone keeping track, according to Pluto's program guide, another set of new episodes starts tonight/Tuesday morning at 2 a.m. Eastern.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Sodboy13

« Reply #164 on: February 12, 2021, 10:14:56 PM »
So, how are these shows being aired now? Is it 6 per day in order, a constant loop with 24 episodes per day, or are they all shuffled with no respect to chronological order? I flipped it on last night and got an '82 episode promoting the Home Viewer Showcase.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation