Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Barker TPIR coming to Pluto TV 12/1/20 (Confirmed)  (Read 100628 times)

tvmitch

Re: Barker TPIR coming to Pluto TV 12/1/20 (Confirmed)
« Reply #120 on: December 11, 2020, 01:17:51 PM »
I know we as a group are under the assumption that the folks at Buzzr are in charge of this amazing new channel...apologies if it was pointed out already, but I noticed that the FB posts for the Barker channel have the same "Based in the United Kingdom" note as the Buzzr posts. A bit more evidence to throw on the pile.
You should follow me on Twitter

JMFabiano

« Reply #121 on: December 11, 2020, 01:23:52 PM »
All the time in the segment they spent on promoting Child's Play, yet not even an on-air mention that Bill was the original host of the show that ultimately would give Bob his most famous gig.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bob had a little something to do with that.

He does mention him and the original PIR on another episode, Card Game was being played.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

gamed121683

« Reply #122 on: December 11, 2020, 01:32:21 PM »
They just shared this on Facebook:

Friends, we wanted to let you know that in a continued effort to make your viewing of The Price Is Right: The Barker Era the best it can be, we've changed the schedule. We will no longer air 6 new episodes a day, now each hour a different episode will play on PlutoTV. Plus, great news, tomorrow you can catch the debut of #Plinko! Thanks for watching!

Well, this makes tracking the episodes a tad tougher...

Because I’m one who doesn’t like to lose sleep, a quick Google search shows that Plinko made it’s debut on 1/3/83. Knowing they’re playing these episodes chronologically, for those of you keeping score of the original airdates better than the online episode guides...what time should that first Plinko debut make its debut on Pluto?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 01:54:10 PM by gamed121683 »

tvmitch

« Reply #123 on: December 11, 2020, 01:38:10 PM »
Just saw this on Facebook from the page admin:

"Hey there, we appreciate you wanting to catch them all! Lots of folks were feeling they weren't getting enough variety. We are airing 100 episodes in order and then those will repeat. We are not prepared to share a schedule, but understand the interest & will work on it. Thanks!"

Edit: fixed the source
You should follow me on Twitter

BrandonFG

« Reply #124 on: December 11, 2020, 02:35:14 PM »
They just shared this on Facebook:

Friends, we wanted to let you know that in a continued effort to make your viewing of The Price Is Right: The Barker Era the best it can be, we've changed the schedule. We will no longer air 6 new episodes a day, now each hour a different episode will play on PlutoTV. Plus, great news, tomorrow you can catch the debut of #Plinko! Thanks for watching!

Well, this makes tracking the episodes a tad tougher...

Because I’m one who doesn’t like to lose sleep, a quick Google search shows that Plinko made it’s debut on 1/3/83. Knowing they’re playing these episodes chronologically, for those of you keeping score of the original airdates better than the online episode guides...what time should that first Plinko debut make its debut on Pluto?
For reference, in a couple of last night's episodes, Bob mentions that viewers only have a couple days left to send in their Home Viewer Showcase guesses. I would pinpoint that at some point in November 1982.

/Which means the ep. that aired the day I entered the world is close by :)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #125 on: December 11, 2020, 06:23:27 PM »
Assuming no more shows get skipped and that they're going straight through the weekend, the Plinko debut should be 11:00 Eastern tomorrow morning.  100 shows in a row should get us through April 11, 1983.

EDIT:  Actually, here's the game calendar, in case anyone's interested.  They're currently airing December 9, 1982 (#4704D).

snowpeck

« Reply #126 on: December 11, 2020, 09:56:52 PM »
Assuming no more shows get skipped and that they're going straight through the weekend, the Plinko debut should be 11:00 Eastern tomorrow morning.  100 shows in a row should get us through April 11, 1983.

EDIT:  Actually, here's the game calendar, in case anyone's interested.  They're currently airing December 9, 1982 (#4704D).
I don't think their tweet meant that. I took it to mean they have 100 total available, which means we should only get through about 2/1/83.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

BrandonFG

« Reply #127 on: December 12, 2020, 01:05:26 AM »
Steve's math adds up. The episode airing now very clearly has the Golden Road set up on Bob's entrance, and according to that calendar, this is the 12/20/82 episode.

The preceding episode featured the Home Viewer Showcase winner.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

snowpeck

« Reply #128 on: December 12, 2020, 01:31:45 AM »
And now we're on Christmas week. I've been following along on the calendar, I just don't think we're going to get all the way to April just yet.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

tyshaun1

« Reply #129 on: December 12, 2020, 10:17:19 AM »
Assuming no more shows get skipped and that they're going straight through the weekend, the Plinko debut should be 11:00 Eastern tomorrow morning. 
Off by 1 hour. They just aired Plinko's premiere.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #130 on: December 12, 2020, 11:13:03 AM »
Off by 1 hour. They just aired Plinko's premiere.

Yep, they apparently skipped December 29.

tpirfan28

« Reply #131 on: December 12, 2020, 06:19:34 PM »
Coming out of a break on the episode airing right now: "Here on the Price is Right, we're male chauvinist pigs."  Little bit too on-brand, Bob.
(in response to "Support the ERA" on a small prize writing tablet.)
(He said it was all a joke, but....)
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

JakeT

« Reply #132 on: December 12, 2020, 07:46:36 PM »
Coming out of a break on the episode airing right now: "Here on the Price is Right, we're male chauvinist pigs."  Little bit too on-brand, Bob.
(in response to "Support the ERA" on a small prize writing tablet.)
(He said it was all a joke, but....)

I was wondering what he wadded up so quickly!

JakeT

sotcfan2004

« Reply #133 on: December 13, 2020, 08:10:48 AM »
During the 4am PST airing, one of the last contestants to come on down was none other than future PYL 1-day champion Beverlie Peters, known for piercing eardrums and painful facial expressions.

She won her pricing game (Grocery Game) and managed to make it to the Showcase after a spin-off at the big wheel. Her success was short-lived after tendering at $12k+ bid on her showcase consisting largely of a dining room.

tyshaun1

« Reply #134 on: December 13, 2020, 10:20:46 AM »

I don't think their tweet meant that. I took it to mean they have 100 total available, which means we should only get through about 2/1/83.

100 episodes total. They have gone back to September 1982 as of 10AM EST this morning.