The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

Barker TPIR coming to Pluto TV 12/1/20 (Confirmed)

<< < (52/61) > >>

Mr. Armadillo:
For all of our retroactive sanity, I'm just going to pretend that he would have changed his bid to $481 instead of $581.

jlgarfield:

Holy smokes. Look at how much this dude won. That one-day high (for a CBS game show) won't stand for long, as some ice cream truck driver obliterates it a month down the road......

Joe Mello:

--- Quote from: Casey Buck on September 04, 2021, 09:59:07 PM ---The folks on the golden-road.net Discord have a Google Sheet with some notes on the episodes that have aired so far.

Right now, the channel is airing all 335 episodes that they've converted so far in chronological order (from September 13, 1982-April 23, 1984), taking about 2 weeks to get through each cycle.

--- End quote ---
If they're correct in their presumptions, I believe new episodes would start 10/4 at 9AM ET.

Kevin Prather:
I recall in the Big Bucks documentary, Peter Tomarken mentioned that prior to Michael Larsen, CBS daytime contestant's grand totals "never, and I mean never, went over $40,000." I figured that was just as a general rule, not that the actual record was right at $39,000 and change. Nice precise research on their part, I suppose.

TLEberle:
I think that goes more to the fact that no show save for $25,000 Pyramid would let people get close. If you’re on Double Dare and have $19,750 your next swing at the spoilers puts you over the $20,000 limit, ditto with Match Game even if you spin double. Other than hitting a trifecta on TPIR of a huge prize in your stage game, getting paid at the wheel and the both showcases it wasn’t an issue until the mid-80s, and then just PYL and Card Sharks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version