The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

Barker TPIR coming to Pluto TV 12/1/20 (Confirmed)

<< < (42/61) > >>

chrisholland03:
As someone who is pulling Pluto stations from multiple sources, including a live feed from Pluto itself, I have observed that the issue appears to be in the venue Pluto is being consumed and not Pluto. 

I'm not sure if Pluto is sending 'break' signals in the right spot and/or if Google/Amazon/Apple/Samsung/Roku/etc are not receiving it properly and/or ignoring it.

That said, I have observed on occasion, especially on the first airing of a show, where the Pluto live feed has audio/video sync issues that do not occur on subsequent airings.  It's rare - with Price it happened on a couple of launch day episodes, and a couple of other occasions along the way.

clemon79:

--- Quote from: aaron sica on March 01, 2021, 09:25:27 AM ---But I use my VPN, and Locast (I like what it's doing for people, so I kick in the $6/mo donation)

--- End quote ---

Curious, once you pay up, does it more or less stay out of the way or do you still get occasional begs for donations? $60 a year for guaranteed locals without dealing with an antenna is pretty compelling if we do cord-cut.

BrandonFG:

--- Quote from: aaron sica on March 01, 2021, 09:25:27 AM ---
--- Quote from: BrandonFG on March 01, 2021, 08:35:44 AM ---I tried to watch $otC last night on Pluto’s Buzzr feed, and starting with the speed round, the audio kept dropping out. Very aggravating, and I had to turn it off as well. I try not to complain about a free service, but it’s annoying.

--- End quote ---

My solution might not be for everyone...But I use my VPN, and Locast (I like what it's doing for people, so I kick in the $6/mo donation) to get the locals from either NYC or Washington. Both of them have the BUZZR subchannel. I used to use NKT, but the feed became unreliable.

--- End quote ---
I'll have to keep an eye on this. Right now, my market isn't part of their list and they have a strict Geofencing policy preventing me from getting the nearest market, which is DC. My antenna is pretty spotty, so I got Youtube TV. I'd love to get this for local channels and subchannels like MeTV.

tvmitch:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on March 03, 2021, 04:27:23 PM ---
--- Quote from: aaron sica on March 01, 2021, 09:25:27 AM ---
--- Quote from: BrandonFG on March 01, 2021, 08:35:44 AM ---I tried to watch $otC last night on Pluto’s Buzzr feed, and starting with the speed round, the audio kept dropping out. Very aggravating, and I had to turn it off as well. I try not to complain about a free service, but it’s annoying.

--- End quote ---

My solution might not be for everyone...But I use my VPN, and Locast (I like what it's doing for people, so I kick in the $6/mo donation) to get the locals from either NYC or Washington. Both of them have the BUZZR subchannel. I used to use NKT, but the feed became unreliable.

--- End quote ---
I'll have to keep an eye on this. Right now, my market isn't part of their list and they have a strict Geofencing policy preventing me from getting the nearest market, which is DC. My antenna is pretty spotty, so I got Youtube TV. I'd love to get this for local channels and subchannels like MeTV.

--- End quote ---
I posted this in another thread, but if you have the equipment and the time to experiment and set it up, Channels DVR is an ideal solution for this. I am also doing what Aaron describes with a VPN and Locast. I run an older PC as a Channels DVR server, with an always-on VPN, and can record an OTA stream of Buzzr. I also feed my rooftop antenna into it. It has replaced my TiVo setup and is the bee's knees.

It's also possible to get a Buzzr feed without subscribing to Locast - it is the TV Everywhere feed that you can sync to Channels DVR with a free Sling TV account. Although I imagine that feed is likely what is being fed through PlutoTV, so YMMV with its reliability.

I will also add as information here: Channels does allow you to import Pluto TV channels, which I attempted to do to try to record the TPIR channel. Sadly, this proved to be a disaster, because the guide data didn't sync correctly and Pluto has so many channels that it clogged up my guide. I'm sure it would be possible to do with rules if you're very determined, but I didn't have the time to figure it out.

aaron sica:

--- Quote from: clemon79 on March 03, 2021, 04:19:40 PM ---Curious, once you pay up, does it more or less stay out of the way or do you still get occasional begs for donations? $60 a year for guaranteed locals without dealing with an antenna is pretty compelling if we do cord-cut.

--- End quote ---

Absolutely no begs for donations. Runs like a champ.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version