Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Millionaire reruns coming back.  (Read 2839 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Millionaire reruns coming back.
« on: June 18, 2020, 10:32:01 PM »
Found this through Twitter via Buzzerblog:

In the recent rush to fill programming holes based on stations’ dropping of reruns of Live PD and Cops in light of recent events, Disney-ABC apparently is selling reruns of the final season of Millionaire to various stations. According to a poster at Buy a Vowel the largest clearances appear to be on the West Coast. The rerun package was also apparently added to the CW Plus lineup.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

BrandonFG

Re: Millionaire reruns coming back.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 10:49:05 PM »
The station list, as of now:
  • LA
  • San Francisco
  • Cleveland
  • Charlotte
  • Vegas
  • Charleston, WV
  • Columbia, SC
  • Huntsville, AL

It also looks like Nielsen DMAs higher than 100 will air the show on CW+ affiliates.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

polo23

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 09:22:07 PM »
WADL 38 in Detroit will have it at 11am weekdays. CW 100+ affiliates will run it at Midnight EST.

PYLdude

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 02:51:12 PM »
Add New York and Philadelphia to the major markets; WLNY and WPSG have signed on to air the rerun package.

I’m noticing that there’s an option to air the show either on the weekend or daily; it appears that New York and Philly will be using that option and Los Angeles will go daily on KCOP.

Looking at the list: how many of these stations actually aired Millionaire at some point? I can only think of one, and that’s the aforementioned WLNY (Chris Harrison’s first year).
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

calliaume

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 03:57:08 PM »
Add New York and Philadelphia to the major markets; WLNY and WPSG have signed on to air the rerun package.
New York-ish; WLNY is on Long Island, and doesn't reach all of the NYC market (specifically New Jersey and Connecticut). On the other hand, if one of the NYC-located stations (or WWOR) wanted to pick it up, those stations could run it in addition to WLNY.

PYLdude

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2020, 07:53:13 PM »
I doubt that’s going to happen though; in recent years, especially since CBS bought the station and gave itself a duopoly in the east like they have in LA with KCBS and KCAL, WLNY has been positioning itself more like a local station and less like a secondary carrier of programming from the other market stations of note. It grabbed a lot of sitcom reruns, including snaring How I Met Your Mother and The King of Queens from WWOR as well as Family Guy and Last Man Standing from WPIX, plus it’s been home to Mike & Molly, 2 Broke Girls, and Bob’s Burgers since they all launched in syndication.

Although most of the market still can’t get it without a cable connection. You figure that out.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2020, 10:08:10 PM »
This appears to be more than a temporary fix.  WBNX (Cleveland/Akron) released their fall schedule, and Millionaire is on weekdays from 4-5 PM.  Their schedule also has 25 Words or Less from 5-6 PM, the same time it currently airs at on WUAB.