Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Millionaire reruns coming back.  (Read 849 times)

PYLdude

• Wardrobe furnished by Botany 500
Millionaire reruns coming back.
« on: June 18, 2020, 10:32:01 PM »
Found this through Twitter via Buzzerblog:

In the recent rush to fill programming holes based on stationsí dropping of reruns of Live PD and Cops in light of recent events, Disney-ABC apparently is selling reruns of the final season of Millionaire to various stations. According to a poster at Buy a Vowel the largest clearances appear to be on the West Coast. The rerun package was also apparently added to the CW Plus lineup.
Still crazy after all these years...but that's okay.

"I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, August 2012

BrandonFG

Re: Millionaire reruns coming back.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 10:49:05 PM »
The station list, as of now:
  • LA
  • San Francisco
  • Cleveland
  • Charlotte
  • Vegas
  • Charleston, WV
  • Columbia, SC
  • Huntsville, AL

It also looks like Nielsen DMAs higher than 100 will air the show on CW+ affiliates.
"I'll say anything you want, because my baby's applying to.....Tic Tac Dough! What the f**k is this?
Now celebrating his 18th season on GSF!

polo23

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 09:22:07 PM »
WADL 38 in Detroit will have it at 11am weekdays. CW 100+ affiliates will run it at Midnight EST.

PYLdude

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 02:51:12 PM »
Add New York and Philadelphia to the major markets; WLNY and WPSG have signed on to air the rerun package.

Iím noticing that thereís an option to air the show either on the weekend or daily; it appears that New York and Philly will be using that option and Los Angeles will go daily on KCOP.

Looking at the list: how many of these stations actually aired Millionaire at some point? I can only think of one, and thatís the aforementioned WLNY (Chris Harrisonís first year).

"I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, August 2012

calliaume

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 03:57:08 PM »
Add New York and Philadelphia to the major markets; WLNY and WPSG have signed on to air the rerun package.
New York-ish; WLNY is on Long Island, and doesn't reach all of the NYC market (specifically New Jersey and Connecticut). On the other hand, if one of the NYC-located stations (or WWOR) wanted to pick it up, those stations could run it in addition to WLNY.

PYLdude

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2020, 07:53:13 PM »
I doubt thatís going to happen though; in recent years, especially since CBS bought the station and gave itself a duopoly in the east like they have in LA with KCBS and KCAL, WLNY has been positioning itself more like a local station and less like a secondary carrier of programming from the other market stations of note. It grabbed a lot of sitcom reruns, including snaring How I Met Your Mother and The King of Queens from WWOR as well as Family Guy and Last Man Standing from WPIX, plus itís been home to Mike & Molly, 2 Broke Girls, and Bobís Burgers since they all launched in syndication.

Although most of the market still canít get it without a cable connection. You figure that out.