Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ABC schedules game shows for Sundays this fall  (Read 9449 times)

colonial

ABC schedules game shows for Sundays this fall
« on: June 17, 2020, 01:22:32 PM »
In what could be called a slight surprise, ABC's fall schedule announcement earlier today revealed that the Alphabet will show Leslie Jones' Supermarket Sweep and WWTBAM from 8-10 pm ET on Sundays.

https://deadline.com/2020/06/abc-2020-21-schedule-the-bachelorette-fall-debut-the-conners-moves-wednesday-black-ish-midseason-cut-one-comedy-night-big-sky-call-your-mother-1202960600/

AFAIK, Sweep was set to record earlier this year when COVID-19 shut everything down, so ABC is presuming the show can resume production later this summer for a fall premiere. (The Alphabet also plans to bring DWTS and The Bachelorette back in the fall, the latter halting production on the first night of filming).

The article does not say if WWTBAM will return with civilian or celebrity contestants, or if the post-game app where players can compete for money won on the show will come back.

JD

weaklink75

Re: ABC schedules game shows for Sundays this fall
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 01:31:42 PM »
Interesting move- all the schedules for the networks are going to be screwed up beyond recognition as to premiere dates, and if the NFL has to stop/is delayed/doesn't start in the fall, it could be even more interesting....

colonial

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 01:44:59 PM »
Per Deadline, ABC says it will resume production on "The Bachelorette" next month -- it appears travel may be limited, with cast and crew not being allowed to leave the production at all during filming. And "DWTS" has resumed in other countries -- if they are allowed to film again at Television City, I presume there will be no audience and limited interaction among teams.

I'm presuming WWTBAM will look similar in scope to this spring's celebrity specials with no audience. If they go the civilian route, I could see them take a page from the UK version and cut down the "Ring of Fire" (if they do that) from 10 to 6 for social distancing reasons.

JD

colonial

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2020, 03:28:24 PM »
In related ABC game show news, the second season of "Card Sharks" has reportedly resumed production with no audience, limited staff on set and "rigorous health and safety protocols" in place at CBS Studios Radford in Studio City.

https://deadline.com/2020/07/card-sharks-return-to-filming-abc-fremantle-health-and-safety-protocols-1202981705/

JD

jlgarfield

• Rider Pride!
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2020, 04:10:43 PM »
Personally, I'd love to see Press Your Luck added as a fall series as well.

BillCullen1

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2020, 09:47:13 PM »
No word yet on Pyramid. I'm still crossing my fingers for that.

danderson

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2020, 10:14:59 PM »
I haven't watched ABC on Sunday Nights in a long time. The last time i did it was “Life Goes On” and “America's Funniest Home Videos” in the early 90s. Of course, that was before my obsession with football started(although i did watched NFL games regularly, they weren't a big deal in my house.)

DjohnsonCB

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2020, 12:41:26 AM »
No word yet on Pyramid. I'm still crossing my fingers for that.

I was wondering if Pyramid would be on this summer.  Did Covid-19 kill it off for now?  I still have a few from last year to play back.
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

goongas

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2020, 10:15:35 PM »
I know someone that was going to tape Pyramid in April, but the tapings were cancelled.

Loogaroo

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2020, 11:29:26 PM »
Given that Pyramid tapes in NYC rather than LA, I would be shocked if production resumes at all this year.
You're in a room. You're wearing a silly hat.
There are letters on the floor. They spell "NOPE".

Sodboy13

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2020, 04:06:25 PM »
California has just reinstituted a statewide shutdown of indoor businesses and activities, so I'd say it's all very TBD right now.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

colonial

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2020, 09:53:26 AM »
This popped up in my Facebook news feed this morning ...

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdUcrpogodg-6vS44tQ2zAgpRysbIEGMKg2GCfKgasc6Ooc7Q/viewform?fbclid=IwAR2xlgXqvp0KNgW_Z_NHy1iLOsrYwJQL5wouk-TSm2MznOvZe8UJ6ibFfVc&fbzx=2226231531901821363

It appears WWTBAM is casting civilians for this fall or later in the season. Given some of the questions on page 2 of the application, it appears the show is targeting front line workers and others affected in a major way by COVID-19 as contestants (in addition, another question on the form suggests that contestants identify their "two smartest friends and/or family members," so perhaps the contestant will have either two people on their POF list or 1 POF/1 in-studio helper, similar to the celeb version).

JD

TimK2003

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2020, 02:03:14 PM »
I've already seen 2 reruns of PYL already this season.  Is ABC trying to stretch the remaining unaired episodes to last into the fall?

aaron sica

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2020, 02:38:07 PM »
I think that's exactly what they're doing.