Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "The Cube" returning with new episodes in the UK  (Read 2295 times)

colonial

"The Cube" returning with new episodes in the UK
« on: June 15, 2020, 03:35:00 PM »
From across the pond, ITV has green-lit new episodes of "The Cube," which first aired from 2009-15. No word at this time when the new episodes will premiere, or if Philip Schofield returns as host.

https://deadline.com/2020/06/itv-brings-back-the-cube-objective-productions-1202956878/

JD

Kniwt

Re: "The Cube" returning with new episodes in the UK
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 07:15:59 PM »
In a world where it's increasingly difficult to make my day, you have just made my day. Cheers.

Stackertosh

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 01:33:29 PM »
Please bring back phillip schofield as host.

DoItRockapella

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2020, 03:29:59 PM »
Bumping as they're apparently now casting for a US version:

https://a1.etribez.com/a/all3media/thecubegameshow/welcome

Think it will actually happen this time?

colonial

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2020, 04:12:17 PM »
Bumping as they're apparently now casting for a US version:

https://a1.etribez.com/a/all3media/thecubegameshow/welcome

Think it will actually happen this time?

Sounds like it is. Deadline is reporting that WarnerMedia has picked up the show for 10 episodes, with ex-hoops star Dwyane Wade hosting ...

https://deadline.com/2020/08/the-cube-warnermedia-dwyane-wade-1203003850/

In a curious note, WarnerMedia has apparently not decided where this will air yet. The media giant has been pushing a great deal of fresh content for its HBO Max streamer in recent weeks, so it's certainly possible the show could exclusively launch there. But there's a strong sports commitment on TBS, TNT and TruTV (NBA, MLB, March Madness, AEW) -- an athletic-style show with an NBA great fronting it could definitely see a tie-in with, say, March Madness on the "Turner networks."

JD

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2020, 04:48:27 PM »
I could see TruTV. They've done a little venturing out into game shows with The Hot Ones and Paid Off.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Neumms

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2020, 08:17:24 AM »
The media giant has been pushing a great deal of fresh content for its HBO Max streamer in recent weeks, so it's certainly possible the show could exclusively launch there. But there's a strong sports commitment on TBS, TNT and TruTV (NBA, MLB, March Madness, AEW) -- an athletic-style show with an NBA great fronting it could definitely see a tie-in....

Either (or both) is a good guess. I wondered why Dwayne Wade of all people. He's not even on NBA telecasts, the natural starting place for a second career in TV. Your TBS/TNT angle brings the sense to it.

I can't bring myself to watch Game On, so let me ask: Is Key good as host? And man, CBS has picked some lame physical action games (not necessarily that) so it's a bummer they didn't run The Cube.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2020, 09:02:33 AM »
I can't bring myself to watch Game On, so let me ask: Is Key good as host?

For what this format asks from its host, KMK has been pitch-perfect.
@lambertman

BrandonFG

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2020, 09:25:15 AM »
Either (or both) is a good guess. I wondered why Dwayne Wade of all people. He's not even on NBA telecasts, the natural starting place for a second career in TV. Your TBS/TNT angle brings the sense to it.
Name recognition. A popular former NBA star who just retired and played alongside one of the biggest stars in the league. And Dwyane works on TNT’s broadcasts, so he at least has a little experience.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Neumms

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2020, 11:16:10 AM »
And Dwyane works on TNT’s broadcasts, so he at least has a little experience.

I didn't realize that. Is he any good?

BrandonFG

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2020, 11:24:09 AM »
That I don’t know. I think he just started this year, but I’ve only been watching bits and pieces since basketball returned.