Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Supermarket Sweep rules question  (Read 1492 times)

Kevin Prather

Supermarket Sweep rules question
« on: June 14, 2020, 06:23:47 PM »
On today's SS Buzzr airing, one of the contestants in the Big Sweep seems to be feverishly restacking items that she knocked off the shelf. Obviously this was to avoid the penalty, but Johnny commented that "it probably would have been easier if she just put them in her cart."

I assumed she didn't throw them in her cart because she already had five of them, but that got me curious. What is the rule if you put a sixth item in your cart? Is it a penalty, or does it just not count?

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Re: Supermarket Sweep rules question
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 07:20:16 PM »
The most expensive items over the limit of 5 are deducted. If you were to grab 5 $20 bottles of pain reliever, and somehow put a 6th cheaper variety in your cart, you'd end up with the total value of 4 $20 bottles and the cheap one.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

Kevin Prather

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 08:46:51 PM »
The most expensive items over the limit of 5 are deducted. If you were to grab 5 $20 bottles of pain reliever, and somehow put a 6th cheaper variety in your cart, you'd end up with the total value of 4 $20 bottles and the cheap one.

Thanks, Jason!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 09:37:54 PM »
While we're here:

So the show adjudicates "pain reliever" as a category instead of allowing people to grab five of each different brand of item? That would certainly require the runners to move about rather than squatting in a single aisle.
Travis L. Eberle

Kevin Prather

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2020, 10:05:12 PM »
While we're here:

So the show adjudicates "pain reliever" as a category instead of allowing people to grab five of each different brand of item? That would certainly require the runners to move about rather than squatting in a single aisle.

Makes sense. I always wondered why people didn't just cruise down the medicine aisle just pulling five of everything.