Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: HGN: Social Distancing logistics  (Read 1899 times)

Clay Zambo

HGN: Social Distancing logistics
« on: June 12, 2020, 10:32:06 PM »
Just catching up with the “Hollywood Game Night” social distancing event, and I’m trying to figure out the logistics. The games are played on the buzzer, but considering internet delays and latency, I’m befuddled. Or was NONE of the show done in real time, assembled in the editing bay?

Anybody know?
czambo@mac.com

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
Re: HGN: Social Distancing logistics
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 01:23:07 AM »
I don't know, but if you wanted to play that straight, then looking at the video, it's pretty darn high quality for Internet, so are we sure it actually is?

From there, you could easily tie in the buzzers to an online system that records a timestamp of when the buzzer lockout was removed, and when the buzzer was actually hit, and derive which person actually hit the buzzer first.  IOW, you don't simply use who hit the buzzer first, but get the time lapse between buzzerOpen and buzzerPress.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

Clay Zambo

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 08:38:15 AM »
Without working out the tech in my head, that’s pretty much what I thought it might have been. That’s certainly simpler than using 7 different satellite trucks, especially since each one would need a crew.
czambo@mac.com

BillCullen1

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 12:43:23 PM »
NBC, for the time being anyway, will be airing HGN on Sundays at 7 pm ET. I wonder how many episodes they have in the can.

Clay Zambo

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2020, 07:05:17 PM »
NBC, for the time being anyway, will be airing HGN on Sundays at 7 pm ET. I wonder how many episodes they have in the can.

5, apparently: https://deadline.com/2020/06/hollywood-game-night-summer-2020-premiere-date-jane-lynch-nbc-1202948472/
czambo@mac.com