Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: P+: 3 to win???  (Read 1210 times)

TimK2003

P+: 3 to win???
« on: June 12, 2020, 06:49:41 PM »
One thing that has caught my ear on Password Plus on Buzzr lately is how Allen Ludden would regularly say, "It takes 3 to win" on Password Plus.

That had to be Allen's longest running gaffe as I was surprised they let him phrase it that way for so long.

First off, if he meant that it takes 3 GAMES to win, you could win the match with winning two games.  If he was talking it takes three HUNDRED dollars to win a match, he very rarely said it as $300 in most of the earlier episodes I've seen.

Unless I'm missing something...

Casey

Re: P+: 3 to win???
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 06:55:07 PM »
Didn’t he usually say something like “You’ve got $100 but it takes 3 to win” when he was recapping the score after a puzzle was solved?  That’s how I recall him saying it...  Not at all confusing.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Re: P+: 3 to win???
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 08:48:47 PM »
Didn’t he usually say something like “You’ve got $100 but it takes 3 to win” when he was recapping the score after a puzzle was solved?  That’s how I recall him saying it...  Not at all confusing.

Same recollection here. I can excuse him for the shorthand too, even if he says "3" when he means "300", given how few legacy shows recapped even the most basic of rules. Outside of the sudden death boilerplate, modern-day Family Feud doesn't make a meal out of what the goal is AFAIK.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck