Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pluto TV now on TiVo  (Read 3460 times)

DjohnsonCB

Pluto TV now on TiVo
« on: June 03, 2020, 12:16:32 AM »
This week, Pluto TV arrived on my TiVo, complete with BUZZR and Game Show Network, so now you don't have to have a special TV to pick them up, just a TiVo.
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Re: Pluto TV now on TiVo
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 02:09:36 AM »
Hasn't their programming been available on their website this whole time?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

aaron sica

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 08:01:24 AM »
so now you don't have to have a special TV to pick them up

You never had to in the first place...They are available externally too, through Roku, Amazon Fire Stick, etc.

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 09:29:36 AM »
Yes.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2020, 11:36:27 AM »
Yes.

That's what I thought.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

tvmitch

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2020, 11:48:23 AM »
This will go off on a tangent, but as a long-time TiVo customer over the years, and a current owner of a Bolt OTA box, I really wish they would lay their DVR functionality on top of Pluto, to allow recording. I'm sure licenses and rights get in the way, but that would be a terrific thing to have.
You should follow me on Twitter

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2020, 01:17:40 PM »
I'm sure licenses and rights get in the way, but that would be a terrific thing to have.

Yeah it would, and the kicker is that it's already a compressed stream so saving it to storage would be the easiest thing in the world.

But as you point out it's almost assuredly a legal issue or else we'd be seeing that functionality all over the place, not just TiVo.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2020, 02:14:30 PM »
This will go off on a tangent, but as a long-time TiVo customer over the years, and a current owner of a Bolt OTA box, I really wish they would lay their DVR functionality on top of Pluto, to allow recording. I'm sure licenses and rights get in the way, but that would be a terrific thing to have.
Not the same, but for what it's worth, my g/f and I did notice Pluto has a decent On Demand section. We were able to watch a couple of the movies they frequently show, and I noticed a few sitcoms from the Viacom channels.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

snowpeck

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2020, 03:07:46 PM »
Not the same, but for what it's worth, my g/f and I did notice Pluto has a decent On Demand section. We were able to watch a couple of the movies they frequently show, and I noticed a few sitcoms from the Viacom channels.
Most of Game Show Central's content is available on demand, as are things like the entire American Gladiators series.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

cyclone45

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2020, 11:31:24 PM »
Hmm...too bad Tivo \=\ Directv DVR. Would like to be able to DVR BUZZR and watch it on my tv.

trainman

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2020, 12:55:39 AM »
Hmm...too bad Tivo \=\ Directv DVR. Would like to be able to DVR BUZZR and watch it on my tv.

You can if you can get Buzzr over the air, and can get your hands on the DirecTV Local Channel Connector device (I got one a while back when the CBS owned-and-operated stations were briefly off DirecTV due to a contract dispute).
trainman is a man of trains