Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: $100,000 Pyramid PC game on archive.org  (Read 5145 times)

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
$100,000 Pyramid PC game on archive.org
« on: May 22, 2020, 12:40:08 PM »
I ripped my copy of Sierra's $100,000 Pyramid PC game from 2001, made a disc image out of it, and uploaded it to Archive.org. Enjoy!

https://archive.org/details/pyramidpc
Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

Jeremy Nelson

Re: $100,000 Pyramid PC game on archive.org
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 04:46:15 PM »
Man, I’d forgotten how many solid, faithful game show adaptations we had on CD-ROM in 2000/01! Even lesser known properties like 2 Minute Drill got games.

If I remember correctly, this was supposed to be the first in a planned series of game show adaptations from Sierra, with Match Game being next in line.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 05:34:26 PM »
If I remember correctly, this was supposed to be the first in a planned series of game show adaptations from Sierra, with Match Game being next in line.
You do remember correctly.  Here's a couple of posts from our old home discussing the game. 

Post #1
Post #2
--Mark
Phil 4:13

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 06:20:18 PM »
Man, I’d forgotten how many solid, faithful game show adaptations we had on CD-ROM in 2000/01! Even lesser known properties like 2 Minute Drill got games.

And if I remember correctly, Sierra's site offered a free preview game with one round. I remember being blown away by the graphics and game play.

/Graphics still look good nearly 20 years later.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Hastin

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 07:15:37 PM »
Yeah, this is still solid - especially the Party Mode. I still play this in an emulator for game show game nights.

Sad that basically Sierra died right after this came out.

Also a good idea to rip some of these hard to find games. I'll need to go through my archive and see which ones are not up there. I have a couple of weird ones (like the 2010 Millionaire which seems like it's nowhere now).
-Hastin :)

Sodboy13

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 11:14:17 PM »
I definitely still have my CD of 2-Minute Drill somewhere, so I'll see if I can upload that whenever it crosses my path.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2020, 05:24:17 PM »
You do remember correctly.  Here's a couple of posts from our old home discussing the game. 

Post #1
Post #2
Replying to a 20 year old post, but... in retrospect, Match Game probably wouldn't have translated well as a CD Rom game then.

That being said, having the tech already built into most Jackbox Games, it would be kinda cool to see them do Match Game now.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2020, 12:29:39 AM »
Is anyone having problems with the "insert cd-rom" dialogue box?

jlgarfield

• Rider Pride!
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2020, 09:34:36 PM »
^ I am.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2020, 11:30:04 PM »
The game didn't really age that well for me, but it does my heart good to know, upon testing the media, that VLC player really does play everything.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2020, 11:40:29 PM »
I can't imagine that my experience stands for that of everyone but I managed to win $100,000 the hard way. I do not recall defeating the winners circle any times when my "celebrity partner" repeated the same three clues over and over as I tried in vain to come up with the key word.
Travis L. Eberle

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2020, 11:35:57 PM »
Thank you for uploading this. It never even occurred to me to search for game show roms on archive.org and now that I have, I've also found and downloaded the Wheel PC game from '98 and the Jeopardy! PC game from 2003. And I've got my eye on some other roms as well. Some serious blasts from the past.

I don't remember playing this back in the day, but I like the way it plays. Honestly, it kinda impressed me for something from almost 20 years ago. I thought it was going to be just random text clues. I wasn't expecting recorded audio with random animation.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

nowhammies10

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2020, 01:06:21 PM »
Works flawlessly on Windows 10 out of the box.