The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

$100,000 Pyramid PC game on archive.org

(1/3) > >>

DoorNumberFour:
I ripped my copy of Sierra's $100,000 Pyramid PC game from 2001, made a disc image out of it, and uploaded it to Archive.org. Enjoy!

https://archive.org/details/pyramidpc

Jeremy Nelson:
Man, I’d forgotten how many solid, faithful game show adaptations we had on CD-ROM in 2000/01! Even lesser known properties like 2 Minute Drill got games.

If I remember correctly, this was supposed to be the first in a planned series of game show adaptations from Sierra, with Match Game being next in line.

Dbacksfan12:

--- Quote from: Jeremy Nelson on May 27, 2020, 04:46:15 PM ---If I remember correctly, this was supposed to be the first in a planned series of game show adaptations from Sierra, with Match Game being next in line.

--- End quote ---
You do remember correctly.  Here's a couple of posts from our old home discussing the game. 

Post #1
Post #2

BrandonFG:

--- Quote from: Jeremy Nelson on May 27, 2020, 04:46:15 PM ---Man, I’d forgotten how many solid, faithful game show adaptations we had on CD-ROM in 2000/01! Even lesser known properties like 2 Minute Drill got games.

If I remember correctly, this was supposed to be the first in a planned series of game show adaptations from Sierra, with Match Game being next in line.

--- End quote ---
And if I remember correctly, Sierra's site offered a free preview game with one round. I remember being blown away by the graphics and game play.

/Graphics still look good nearly 20 years later.

Hastin:
Yeah, this is still solid - especially the Party Mode. I still play this in an emulator for game show game nights.

Sad that basically Sierra died right after this came out.

Also a good idea to rip some of these hard to find games. I'll need to go through my archive and see which ones are not up there. I have a couple of weird ones (like the 2010 Millionaire which seems like it's nowhere now).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version