Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Supermarket Sweep question  (Read 2105 times)

cmjb13

Supermarket Sweep question
« on: June 01, 2020, 09:43:43 PM »
During the big sweep, if a team is looking for item #2 and they come across the $5k......

If they grab the $5k, it would not count, correct?

Could they grab the $5k and then go back to find item #2. Would that count?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Bryce L.

Re: Supermarket Sweep question
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 09:55:30 PM »
Pretty sure they have to leave the cash where they found it, find item #2, then (assuming there's still time on the clock) double back to get the money.

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 10:03:40 PM »
I imagine it doesn't since the clues are written to go in order.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

snowpeck

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 12:03:01 AM »
David said on many occasions that they have to solve the first two riddles before they can grab the cash. I remember at least one instance where the team did find the money early and it didn't count.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2020, 12:03:15 AM »
Buzzr has aired at least two episodes where someone on the team prematurely saw marker #3 and didn't touch the product (one time, they started to lunge for the product, then pulled back when they saw it was #3), so it seems clear that grabbing the money early wasn't allowed.

At one point, David Ruprecht would frequently preface the bonus round by saying, "Remember, you have to solve the first two clues before you can go for the $5,000."

Kevin Prather

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2020, 12:47:10 AM »
Someone can correct me if this is wrong, but in the first season the rule was that you actually forfeited the $5000 if you grabbed it out of turn.

From the second season on, you just had to put it back, and come to it in turn. And this happened at least once with the team not returning to it in time.