Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Daytime Emmy noms are out...  (Read 2729 times)

weaklink75

Daytime Emmy noms are out...
« on: May 21, 2020, 03:03:01 PM »
The relevant categories...

OUTSTANDING GAME SHOW HOST
Wayne Brady, Let’s Make a Deal
Steve Harvey, Family Feud
Alfonso Ribeiro, Catch 21
Pat Sajak, Wheel of Fortune
Alex Trebek, Jeopardy!

OUTSTANDING GAME SHOW
Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?
Double Dare
Family Feud
Jeopardy!
The Price Is Right

BrandonFG

Re: Daytime Emmy noms are out...
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 03:37:42 PM »
The Daytime Emmys air June 26, on CBS, but with a virtual ceremony. Sounds similar to what they did with the NFL Draft. The full list of nominees is at the link below.

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2020/daytime-emmy-nominations-list-of-nominees/?fbclid=IwAR0XJ-Qf07e_mVf2332A3gNloG_WxK2OZi7TfrosnpN8z04QzqgQRR-Do_s

In other categories, Jeopardy! received nominations for Best Interactive Media for a Daytime Program and Best Daytime Promotional Announcement (Topical). Feud received a nomination for Best Daytime Promotional Announcement (Brand Image Campaign). I think they're stretching with some of these categories, but whatever.

No word on the Lifetime Achievement...in before the complaint that it's not an obscure game show host.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

colonial

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 03:44:48 PM »
Looking at all the nominees, I only hope when they announce "Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show Host," the intro to the reveal is …

"Maury Povich, you ARE/ARE NOT THE WINNER!"

JD

BillCullen1

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 04:46:07 PM »
Nice to see Alfonzo getting some love from the Emmy people.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2020, 04:54:50 PM »
I’m curious- if Double Dare won, would it be the first game show to win the Best Game Show Emmy after being cancelled?
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2020, 05:00:04 PM »
I’m curious- if Double Dare won, would it be the first game show to win the Best Game Show Emmy after being cancelled?
Password Plus won in '82.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2020, 05:37:33 PM »
Password Plus won in '82.
$25,000 Pyramid won in '89 as well.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

brianhenke

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2020, 04:39:38 AM »
  By the way, what is the status of the John Cena reboot of AYSTA5G? Has it been canceled yet?

Brian
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2020, 10:59:41 PM »
Not mentioned here was the other game show only category, Best Directing for a Game Show. Those nominees are Jeoaprdy!, Let's MaKe A Deal, and The Price is Right.

I have to say, I thought I knew how much crazy work has to go into piecing together an episode of Price, but I have a new found appreciation for Adam Sandler's work after seeing a taping wrought with a technical difficulty. All of the on-set monitors except for the one for George's podiums (the turntable wall and big monitor in the back) all had some glitch in them where there was a hiccup static in the screen. It was something that had apparently occurred the week prior and caused a 2hr delay. After coming out on stage for a bit, the decision was made to use static cardboard replications of the hexagon background on the turntable wall and the logo on the back monitor. They adjusted some lighting and started the show after about a 30 minute delay. Watching the show live, it was very jarring and I thought for sure it would come off as such on camera. It affected the reveal of the one games played that day. But it actually looked fine and not distracting when the show finally aired. I was very impressed, but then again, that's what he's getting paid to do. He's got my vote this year though after seeing the gymnastics he had to pull.

I'll post a couple of screenshots from the episode in the Random GS Pics thread.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Chuck Sutton

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2020, 02:05:12 PM »
Alex Trebeck and Jeopardy are the winners.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2020, 07:41:30 PM »
Adam Sandler and the directing team at Price took home Best Directing and Price also took home Best Live and Direct to Tape Sound Mixing.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.