The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Things You've Learned From Game Shows..

<< < (8/8)

trainman:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on June 27, 2020, 11:36:29 AM ---Wheel for me. But when I was younger I thought Pat was saying “and/or sign”.

--- End quote ---

That's not too far off from where the word "ampersand" comes from (once upon a time, kids were taught to write the end of the alphabet as "WXYZ&" and recite it as "W, X, Y, Z, and, per se, and").

BrandonFG:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on June 22, 2020, 10:58:29 PM ---A random thing I do just came to me...I learned it from Davidson's Hollywood Squares.

Supposedly pulling your upper eyelid over the lower one, then blowing through the nose is a good way to get a speck out of your eye. Nearly 30 years later, I still use that trick.

--- End quote ---
The thread on game explanations slowly being phased out reminded me of another memory, also from HS.

I learned what diagonally meant bc of this show; during John's explanation they'd show the board and highlight three squares to show how to win. Playing tic-tac-toe with my cousins, I also thought I could write an X or O over their symbol because I'd seen so many contestants "steal" a square due to a wrong answer. :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version