Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr season jumps, May 2020  (Read 9776 times)

jage

Re: Buzzr season jumps, May 2020
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2020, 02:08:51 AM »
You make a good point on the streaming platforms which I hadn't considered. Not sure how much of their viewership is from streaming, but I would guess it has given them a level of visibility they didn't have being buried on subchannels in a few dozen cities.

chargeradiocom

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2020, 04:25:49 PM »
Does Buzzr really have access to ratings data for a random 10 PM slot on the weekend, or a 4 AM slot? I wonder if some of this speculation is just overthinking things a bit, and given the nicheness (is that a word) of the network, some decisions are just made based on casual feedback or on a whim to mix things up.

As far as we know, BUZZR doesn’t have access to their Nielsen ratings. Nielsen will track almost anything viewed on TVs with one of their meter devices attached to it; but networks & stations have to pay for access to that data, and the cost is quite expensive for smaller stations & networks.

However, there are some emerging Nielsen competitors, like Comscore & GfK, that provide similar information at a lower cost. Some smaller networks that find Nielsen to be cost-prohibitive subscribe to one of those services. I wouldn’t at all be surprised that BUZZR uses one of them.

I would think, if anything, they can track viewership via Stirr and Pluto as well as their own website -- I don't think they have to pay/subscribe to any kind of ratings service (like Nielsen) for them.

You are probably correct that Pluto, STIRR, etc. provide this information, but it’s likely not comprehensive enough to be of much use for selling to prospective advertisers (especially since the streaming services often insert their own ads). It can be helpful, though, in helping networks determine their streaming & digital strategies, and may also be at least a factor in making programming decisions.

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2020, 10:49:41 PM »
FYI, tonight's Tattletales hour are a tribute to Jerry Stiller. Episode #2 and an episode from Week 14 (I think episode #66?).

mcfly95

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2020, 09:09:09 PM »
Really don't know where to post this, but on tonight's All New LMAD, there were no prize cues played at all, maybe the Zonk tune once at most. Also had a clearly edited/abrupt start and Monty's post-Big Deal segment was rather long.  Not sure if that ep has been repeated already.  Really odd to watch.

BrandonFG

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2020, 09:16:28 PM »
Really don't know where to post this, but on tonight's All New LMAD, there were no prize cues played at all, maybe the Zonk tune once at most. Also had a clearly edited/abrupt start and Monty's post-Big Deal segment was rather long.  Not sure if that ep has been repeated already.  Really odd to watch.
I noticed something similar in last night's episode. Could've sworn there was no audio during one prize plug, for the game where Monty kept adding small items to a grocery bag, with money attached.

However, I noticed this show was kinda choppy and hastily edited in general.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2020, 11:17:01 PM »
It's been shown before, I'm pretty sure what happened is that the cues were there but the volume was turned all the way down.
This signature is currently under construction.

Otm Shank

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2020, 11:42:49 PM »
The music probably was recorded/added in post in another channel, and it wasn't properly mixed when it was digitized. The harp gliss is also missing, although ever so faint.