Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Host/Announcer doing two different shows together at the same time  (Read 1394 times)

ET206

At one point in the '70s Jack Narz and Johnny Olson were working together on two different shows at the same time (NYSI and Concentration).  When Gene Wood announced WLoD from time to time in the '80s that put him and Bert together on two different shows (SP and WLoD).  Not counting daytime/syndicated versions of the same show, what other host/announcer duos worked together on different shows at the same time? 

tpirfan28

Re: Host/Announcer doing two different shows together at the same time
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 08:03:53 AM »
Tom Kennedy with Johnny Olson/Gene Wood, Body Language and SYN Price is Right.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

SamJ93

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 09:21:20 AM »
While not technically a game show, Bob Barker and Johnny Olson could be seen/heard on That's My Line in addition to TPiR during the summers of '80 and '81.
It was Bob Barker. He was eating a bologna and cheese-ball sandwich.

Chief-O

• Speaks digi-talk
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 10:54:30 AM »
This may be a stretch, but Bob Eubanks and Charlie O'Donnell - "New Newlywed Game" and (occasionally) "Card Sharks". (We *can* count fill-in announcers, right?)

/not sure if CS coincided with Bob Hilton's "Newlywed" announcing tenure; otherwise I'd add that

ET206

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2020, 11:54:09 AM »
Tom Kennedy/Johnny O/Gene Wood.  I knew there was an obvious combo I was forgetting.  Thanks!  Were Trivia Trap and Newlywed Game on at the same time?  If so, that would be a Eubanks/Bob Hilton combo.

BillCullen1

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2020, 12:33:16 PM »
Were Trivia Trap and Newlywed Game on at the same time?  If so, that would be a Eubanks/Bob Hilton combo.

No Trivia Trap was gone in '85. Card Sharks came back in '86.