Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Missed Hosting Opportunities  (Read 27561 times)

Chief-O

• Speaks digi-talk
Re: Missed Hosting Opportunities
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2020, 06:15:06 PM »
Jack Narz for just about anything

Not a hot take.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Re: Missed Hosting Opportunities
« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2020, 09:40:23 PM »
Since we are talking about Daytime Wheel, I would have loved to see the audition tape for Jimmy Connors.  He was Merv's first pick to succeed Pat on Daytime Wheel, but NBC Sports overruled him.

I would love to see it too and IMO, NBC should have let him do both.  I think that is my theory as to why Tim Brando was not picked because Mwrv was afraid that NBC might step in again and hire him for their sports department. Also, MG Kelly would have been great for Daytime Wheelm. I mean after all, the announcing job was only temporary

If you're going to wait three years to reply to a comment, don't bother.

I call shenanigans on the post anyway--Connors was still playing when Sajak left the daytime version (so it shouldn't have been NBC Sports' call to block him).  He didn't join NBC Sports until 1990, by which time the daytime version had migrated to CBS and Goen was firmly entrenched.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)