Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Worst Music?  (Read 29566 times)

tyshaun1

Re: Worst Music?
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2020, 01:39:59 PM »
I would argue the entire 1990 lineup of games had less than superb themes. Joker's Wild, Tic Tac Dough, The Challengers, Trump Card, Let's Make A Deal, etc.

BrandonFG

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2020, 01:40:49 PM »
If memory serves, the Osmond Pyramid didn't use any arrangement of Tuning Up, but some generic "music" that didn't last more than a few seconds.
Yes. It was just techno noise for about 30 seconds.

Theme songs have become very forgettable over the last 20 years. The current TPiR theme sounds very meh. Something is missing.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2020, 03:34:36 PM »
I would argue the entire 1990 lineup of games had less than superb themes. Joker's Wild, Tic Tac Dough, The Challengers, Trump Card, Let's Make A Deal, etc.

I think I could learn the end theme from Quiz Kids Challenge in a few minutes. The biggest challenge would be staying awake to play it for the whole 2 minutes.

https://youtu.be/WHA_LoE7kjc?t=1500

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

Sodboy13

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2020, 04:02:18 PM »
No mention of The Thousand Dollar Bee yet?
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

urbanpreppie05

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2020, 04:58:30 PM »
No mention of The Thousand Dollar Bee yet?
Come on now, that's a GIVEN. :-)

Strike it rich's whole music package is lazy, but I think the worst is the return from commercial cue, which sounds like they just mashed down on the keys.

Osmond Pyramid and Feud 99 themes piss me off because they start off with some promise, and just melt into a mess. (admittedly the second Pyramid season theme was slightly-and I mean slightly better)

Wheel of Fortune hasn't had a good theme in what, a decade?
insert signature here

bulldog_06

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2020, 05:36:28 PM »
All-Star Blitz.

Now that's a horrible theme.

Loogaroo

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2020, 05:48:25 PM »
Hot take: the back half of Blockbusters '80. It's like every instrument had a solo at the same time and it sounds like a car wreck.

The '90s was a wasteland for game show music. TJW '90, TTD '90, LMAD '90 (that pan flute makes it age like milk), the Scrabble '93/Scattergories duo, Debt, Shop 'Til You Drop, Quicksilver, and so on.

You're in a room. You're wearing a silly hat.
There are letters on the floor. They spell "NOPE".

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2020, 06:50:15 PM »
Wheel for the last 15 years has been lackluster.

I also didn’t care for the Jeopardy GOAT theme. I know they were going for a “big event” variant, but it just comes off sounding like the regular version’s evil twin.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

mystery7

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2020, 08:54:23 PM »
My vote goes to Tic Tac '90. Not a terrible piece of music (I mean, Henry Mancini f'god's sake!) but as horribly out of place on that show as PATRIIIICK WAAAAYNE!!!

Three On A Match's music was about 10 or 15 years out of date. The synth-heavy themes coming from Mort Garson and Edd Kalehoff at the time did not help.

Compositionally, just about all of the Stone-Stanley shows sounded like they took their music from the cheapest production library available. My opinion is that unless I missed a few, Match Game '98 was the last good original game show theme.

mystery7

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2020, 08:59:18 PM »
On All New Strike It Rich it sounds like Hal Hidey had a music budget of 59 cents, just enough to cover the cost of electricity to power his synthesizer. The rest of the show is awful.
Hey, DX-7s weren't cheap! Or easy to program.

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2020, 09:34:40 PM »
The Better Sex. Both the theme and the concept of the show... all bad. Never was a fan of it.

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2020, 11:23:21 PM »

I think I could learn the end theme from Quiz Kids Challenge in a few minutes. The biggest challenge would be staying awake to play it for the whole 2 minutes.

https://youtu.be/WHA_LoE7kjc?t=1500

-Jason

After re-hearing Quiz Kids Challenge, does anyone else hear the rhythm to Hot Streak's theme? Listen to Hot Streak first, then QKC...

https://youtu.be/i0fDxu3acPc

Ian Wallis

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2020, 11:35:49 PM »
Go.  I found this to be very boring and repetitive - 3 minutes of searching for a melody which isn't there.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

gamed121683

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2020, 12:01:23 AM »
The Better Sex. Both the theme and the concept of the show... all bad. Never was a fan of it.

Really? Maybe I'm in the minority here, but despite the "battle of the sexes" gimmick, I enjoyed the game. Of course, YMMV. Definitely agree with you on the theme song, though.

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2020, 12:27:17 AM »

Really? Maybe I'm in the minority here, but despite the "battle of the sexes" gimmick, I enjoyed the game. Of course, YMMV. Definitely agree with you on the theme song, though.

I'm gonna call a moratorium here (knowing I opened that can of worms slightly) and instantly agree to disagree on the game. I don't want to derail the thread.