The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Worst Music?

<< < (2/23) > >>

DoorNumberFour:
I never thought Mort Garson’s futuristic circus music fit with as many shows as it was slapped onto (Gambit, Marble Machine, Runaround, Baffle...), especially as the 70s progressed and we got such rich orchestration on many other shows. Aged horribly IMO.

SamJ93:
I know it was the norm back then, and I'm conditioned towards the current theme since it's so ubiquitous, but the opening/closing theme on the Fleming-era J! was a generic big-band piece that seemed very out-of-place.

The theme to Temptation sounded like it came from a mid-90's CD-ROM game.

The current WoF theme is a horrendously generic one-chord riff. At least it sounds like they paid a real trumpet player to record the solo. (As a musician myself, I'm a wee bit biased against synthesizers subbing for real instruments.)

Speaking of fake horns, the think music for this year's J! College Tournament...dear Lord. I muted the TV every time it came on.

Mike Tennant:
"Bob and Merrill's Theme" was a fine piece of music, but HS could have used some other cues. They seemed to have only the theme and a win cue based on it. It would have been nice to have different music under the Secret Square prize descriptions (of course, at first they used no music at all, which was even worse) and perhaps a separate SS win cue to distinguish it from a game win.

Big Brain:
Weller's Win Lose or Draw, hands down, made so much more egregious because of the magnificence it replaced. By the time they switched back, nobody was watching to notice.

SwohS Emag:
I submit the theme to BYUtv's Battle of the Ages:  https://www.byutv.org/battleoftheages.  The show has "Stone / Stanley" cheese written all over it, and the synthesized theme is insulting in its cheapness.  It starts as a swinging tune of sorts and ends up inexplicably in march form.  My blood boils from frustration every time I hear it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version