Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Worst Music?  (Read 29561 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Re: Worst Music?
« Reply #105 on: September 27, 2020, 01:18:59 PM »
I figured he meant Donnymid.

You figure correctly.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #106 on: September 27, 2020, 09:44:20 PM »
After rewatching Number Please tonight, I'm throwing that show's music into this "worst music" category. Ew.

BrandonFG

« Reply #107 on: February 04, 2021, 08:59:19 PM »
I just watched part of an episode of Break the Bank from '85.

It starts off decently, gets really dramatic out of nowhere, then just becomes a jumbled mess.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

GameShowGuru

« Reply #108 on: September 28, 2021, 12:33:52 AM »

I've always wondered if companies like Score, with several different composers working for them, would always have an existing library of ideas they were working on, partial demos recorded, etc. which hadn't been "claimed" yet, that producers could choose from if they needed something in a rush?  With all the shows they worked on over the years, it would be surprising for me if every time a show needed music from them that they'd start from scratch.  Aren't composers always working on stuff?
Thing is,  especially by the 80's, most game show themes were taken from existing music.

Body Language theme = "Working Girl March" (though I would argue the Classic Concentration theme sounds more like it)

Actually, "Working Girl March" was used in the unsold pilot "Star Words" (hosted by Nipsey Russell; he was dancing to the music at the start of the show and at the end of the show he was with Charles Nelson Reilly and Patty Duke Astin and he said they were "gonna boogie on outta here.  Eat your heart out, Richard Simmons." where they began to "boogie on out".

Steve_Bier

« Reply #109 on: September 28, 2021, 06:43:33 PM »
Since we are on the topic of music, I have often wondered about to seem to “Every Second Counts” (US run). The theme sounds very similar to the original theme song to “Fight Back! With David Horowitz“. As both shows were Westinghouse productions, and neither list a theme music composer, would it be safe to assume that one - or both - programs used stock music from KPM?

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #110 on: September 28, 2021, 09:22:11 PM »
I just watched part of an episode of Break the Bank from '85.

It starts off decently, gets really dramatic out of nowhere, then just becomes a jumbled mess.

That fell into my “I can’t hear it” file; every time I tried to listen to it, I couldn’t hear much of anything.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

ActualRetailMike

« Reply #111 on: November 10, 2021, 03:15:38 PM »
"Bob and Merrill's Theme" was a fine piece of music, but HS could have used some other cues. They seemed to have only the theme and a win cue based on it.
I know what you mean.  Though to be fair, they did have those ascending brass notes when introducing the stars one-by-one.  And when a contestant picked the Secret Square, there was that Bugle Charge mixed with "pow pow pow" sound effects.

Neumms

« Reply #112 on: November 15, 2021, 12:20:44 PM »
"Bob and Merrill's Theme" was a fine piece of music, but HS could have used some other cues. They seemed to have only the theme and a win cue based on it.
I know what you mean.  Though to be fair, they did have those ascending brass notes when introducing the stars one-by-one.  And when a contestant picked the Secret Square, there was that Bugle Charge mixed with "pow pow pow" sound effects.

Yes on other cues, and a hearty yes on the Secret Square cue.

BrandonFG

« Reply #113 on: November 25, 2021, 12:22:21 AM »
The theme from The New Liar's Club from '88 sounds like it was written on a Casio keyboard in 20 minutes.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #114 on: November 25, 2021, 02:06:31 AM »
The theme from The New Liar's Club from '88 sounds like it was written on a Casio keyboard in 20 minutes.
  Sounded like Spyro Gyra outtakes
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.