Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: People Magazine Special Edition: Alex Trebek  (Read 1626 times)

TimK2003

People Magazine Special Edition: Alex Trebek
« on: November 23, 2021, 11:57:00 AM »
Just spotted at a local grocery store, People Magazine recently released a special edition issue paying tribute to Alex Trebek. 

As it is somewhat a "collectable", it is available for the low low Sale of the Century price of just $15 (!?!?).  Looks a little over twice the size of an average weekly issue of People.

BrandonFG

Re: People Magazine Special Edition: Alex Trebek
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2021, 12:39:24 PM »
I noticed that on the stands last week, but isn't it the same tribute from last year or earlier this year? I bought a copy in either late 2020 or early 2021.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TimK2003

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2021, 02:12:12 PM »
I noticed that on the stands last week, but isn't it the same tribute from last year or earlier this year? I bought a copy in either late 2020 or early 2021.

First time I've seen it, and my job takes me to a lot of retail stores.  Plus, I don't recall anyone mentioning it before.

Then again, its been just over a year since his passing, so they may have released it on the 1 year anniversary.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 04:46:02 PM by TimK2003 »

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2021, 02:20:18 PM »
No worries. I figured some stores never took it off the shelves or maybe brought them back for the one-year anniversary of Alex's death.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2021, 09:07:26 PM »
It is indeed a reprinting. You have to look for it on the cover but it will say as much.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022