Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Central coming to Pluto TV April 21  (Read 10300 times)

tvmitch

Re: Game Show Central coming to Pluto TV April 21
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2020, 10:21:47 AM »
One little tidbit I found this morning in at least the Pluto TV iOS app.

If you visit the On Demand area of the app, and scroll down (quite a bit) to Game Shows, you will see a bunch of content from Game Show Central there.

Sadly, the only early-2000s GSN original that I see in the On Demand section is Friend or Foe - but, there are a ton of episodes available of that and the other originals, too.

Was hoping to see Russian Roulette.
You should follow me on Twitter

TimK2003

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2020, 11:17:21 AM »

If you have the need to hear Apolo say "EVERY SECOND COUNTS!!" a dozen times in an hour...

I'd rather jab a sharpened #2 pencil through my eardrums, but YMMV.

I tuned in when they were airing the GSN version of 1 Vs. 100...That show was annoying all the way around.

CoreyArcher

• Pick a corner
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2020, 09:47:12 PM »
I suppose this "streamer" makes some sense for Game Show Network in the same way that Buzzr makes sense for Fremantle in terms of monetizing existing content that's just sitting around collecting dust, but I can't help wondering if a bit of Buzzr envy somewhat motivated this.

chargeradiocom

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2020, 11:54:52 AM »
I suppose this "streamer" makes some sense for Game Show Network in the same way that Buzzr makes sense for Fremantle in terms of monetizing existing content that's just sitting around collecting dust, but I can't help wondering if a bit of Buzzr envy somewhat motivated this.
That’s pretty much it exactly, IMHO. I don’t know that I’d call it envy per se, as much as just wanting their own slice of the pie financially, but I do think this is at least partly motivated by BUZZR’s success.

One show I’m surprised isn’t there yet is Lingo, considering it was one of GSN’s biggest original hits ever. Is there a cross-ownership issue with it? I thought they owned it free & clear.

SwohS Emag

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2020, 09:56:38 AM »
Game Show Central is now available on The Roku Channel through Roku players.  I'm not sure of the programming selections when compared to the channel's offerings on other streaming services.

vtown7

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2020, 10:45:47 AM »
Sadly this appears to be US Roku players - no luck up here in Canada.

chargeradiocom

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2020, 01:27:19 PM »
Even if you don’t have a Roku player, you can still watch the Roku Channel on mobile devices with the Roku app & on desktop computer. Roku is pretty much is for streaming devices, though. (You might be able to use a third-party app to stream it to another device, but most of the stuff on Roku Channel is on other free streamers too, so it would probably only be to satisfy your curiosity. Of course, geographical restrictions may apply on all of this.)

In addition to GS Central, the Roku Channel has also added an all-Deal or No Deal stream, for those so inclined.

snowpeck

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2020, 01:57:19 PM »
Game Show Central is now available on The Roku Channel through Roku players.  I'm not sure of the programming selections when compared to the channel's offerings on other streaming services.

Strangely, the streams on Pluto and Roku Channel are not identical. As I type, Emogenius is playing on Roku Channel while America Says is playing on Pluto.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

chargeradiocom

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2020, 03:24:05 PM »
Strangely, the streams on Pluto and Roku Channel are not identical. As I type, Emogenius is playing on Roku Channel while America Says is playing on Pluto.
That's not really all that uncommon for streaming networks. Not so much for news networks or "real" networks (BUZZR, Stadium, etc). But some online-only networks--i.e., Pet Collective, FailArmy, Lively Place, etc.--run a different stream on the Roku Channel from what they do on Pluto, Xumo, or whatever. Not really sure why, but it's something some of them do.

And speaking of BUZZR... Not sure whether it was a late add or I just missed it, but it has been added to the Roku Channel as well.

vtown7

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2020, 05:36:19 PM »
That's not really all that uncommon for streaming networks. Not so much for news networks or "real" networks (BUZZR, Stadium, etc). But some online-only networks--i.e., Pet Collective, FailArmy, Lively Place, etc.--run a different stream on the Roku Channel from what they do on Pluto, Xumo, or whatever. Not really sure why, but it's something some of them do.

And speaking of BUZZR... Not sure whether it was a late add or I just missed it, but it has been added to the Roku Channel as well.

I think I've figured out my problem here in Canada.  I get "A" Roku Channel.  Just apparently not "THE" Roku channel.  :D

https://therokuchannel.roku.com/enguard/en-ca - "The Roku Channel currently isn't available in your region"