Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Concentration 4/6 video issues?  (Read 5227 times)

Sodboy13

Re: Concentration 4/6 video issues?
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2020, 11:29:17 PM »
Watched on Pluto TV; looked fine to me.

/gee, that rhymes
//now if they can solve the aspect ratio issue

Are you watching it on a digital TV station? Because this is something I've wondered about for a while. I have Xfinity in Chicago, and if I'm watching Buzzr on our TV, it's stretched to 16:9. But if I watch the same channel through the Xfinity Stream app in a phone or tablet, it's there in 4:3.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

trainman

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2020, 01:29:57 AM »
Are you watching it on a digital TV station? Because this is something I've wondered about for a while. I have Xfinity in Chicago, and if I'm watching Buzzr on our TV, it's stretched to 16:9. But if I watch the same channel through the Xfinity Stream app in a phone or tablet, it's there in 4:3.

If I'm watching the OTA feed via DirecTV's OTA-receiving device, I see it as 16:9 unless I play with the settings on the DVR. If I'm watching the OTA feed via the OTA-receiving device I have hooked up to my computer, I see it as 4:3 without having to do anything.

(Channel 13-2 in Los Angeles. Your mileage may vary if other local stations have screwed up the settings on their end somehow.)
trainman is a man of trains

Casey

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2020, 08:48:15 AM »
Watching via Apple TV, Pluto stretches Buzzr to 16:9.  Stirr leaves it at 4:3.

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2020, 09:22:03 AM »
When I watch via my Vizio TV's Pluto app, it starts in 4:3, but as soon as it goes to a commercial, it stretches to the right (and only to the right) though the black bar remains. This means that anything past, say, the digits in the right-most column of the Classic Concentration board gets cut off.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2020, 10:50:59 AM »
Pluto on Roku and my iPhone is 4:3, but Pluto on the X1 box is 16:9.
@lambertman

Chief-O

• Speaks digi-talk
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2020, 11:27:01 AM »
Watched on Pluto TV; looked fine to me.

/gee, that rhymes
//now if they can solve the aspect ratio issue

I view Pluto over my Vizio TV's "WatchFree" function. Initially the video will be scaled properly, but it goes wonky during/after the commercials (and they seem to drop in their own ads).

tvmitch

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2020, 02:45:08 PM »
Thank you all for confirming that Pluto is stretching the Buzzr feed, and that there isn't something wrong with my equipment.

On my Apple TV, it's even worse than true 16:9 - they are simply zooming in, and it's cutting off the top and bottom 10% of the screen (almost straight through the Buzzr bug). Unwatchable for me, especially with shows like P+ (the password isn't visible).
You should follow me on Twitter

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2020, 04:57:34 PM »
Thank you all for confirming that Pluto is stretching the Buzzr feed, and that there isn't something wrong with my equipment.

Depends on the platform, apparently. On Pluto on the Xbox One, it's in 4x3. Dunno if I can stretch it; haven't tried, don't care to.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe