Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Future of TPIR: Post COVID-19  (Read 17727 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Re: The Future of TPIR: Post COVID-19
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2020, 08:17:55 PM »
I'm kind of curious now how long it is.

Oh, if I had a nickel.

/I'd have zero nickels
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Thunder

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2020, 12:08:59 AM »
I chuckled when I saw this on his Facebook page tonight.

I'm betting he isn't chuckling about it. :D

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2020, 06:12:52 PM »

Well, certainly someone had to ask...probably didn't appreciate it, did Dobbie, but still, it's satisfying to see someone call him on his bitterness.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

BrandonFG

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2020, 11:52:48 AM »

Roger’s response is that, according to CBS, Drew wanted to bring in his own people. It sucks and it’s not fair, but that’s business and hardly unheard of.

In another thread he says he believes the network made a huge, expensive mistake and won’t admit it. The show seems to be doing just fine, but what do I know? It’s really too bad that he and the fanboys will never admit the show ran on autopilot for the last five or so years of Bob’s tenure. Remember all the showcases “that deal with the word __”?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2020, 02:30:23 PM »
It’s really too bad that he and the fanboys will never admit the show ran on autopilot for the last five or so years of Bob’s tenure. Remember all the showcases “that deal with the word __”?
Or all the Showcases that had generic cartoonish standees playing the male roles that would've otherwise been handled by the announcer.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

WilliamPorygon

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2020, 08:36:15 PM »
Remember all the showcases “that deal with the word __”?
As opposed to nowadays, where most of the time they don't bother to give the showcases a theme at all.

urbanpreppie05

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2020, 11:16:30 AM »
Remember all the showcases “that deal with the word __”?
As opposed to nowadays, where most of the time they don't bother to give the showcases a theme at all.

Honestly, I would rather have that than the showcases from the last few years of bob's shows.
/and most of the shows from Drew's second season
//well, not the soap opera showcase
insert signature here

tpirfan28

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2020, 11:22:36 AM »
Unfortunately timing restraints mean these kind of showcases can't be played anymore...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eieBApXIKc8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Md2UZaNdTw
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

BrandonFG

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2020, 03:13:33 PM »
Deadline posted an article that said filming on shows and movies won't resume until the fall at the earliest. I imagine the same applies for game shows.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2020, 10:03:36 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/Rogerdob/posts/10157483350832055

Roger just posted a suggestion that the show should tape in Orlando- partly since they seem to be opening early, and partly because he doesn't think Drew would go, so they could get rid of him.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

JMFabiano

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2020, 10:11:52 PM »

Roger just posted a suggestion that the show should tape in Orlando- partly since they seem to be opening early, and partly because he doesn't think Drew would go, so they could get rid of him.

Stay classy!
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

PYLdude

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2020, 10:24:07 PM »

Why would Drew not go with them? Is he on a no-fly list or something?

(I seriously don't know what would possess this man to think a change in scenery would result in Drew not following. Is he that desperate?)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

nowhammies10

« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2020, 10:33:01 PM »
[...]Is he that desperate?

You're damn straight. Still pontificating about "his show" to the masses who hang on every word.  One would think that if his opinion was as revered as he seems to feel it is, he would have been scooped by another show when he was fired from Price and/or still finding work to this day as a consultant.

PYLdude

« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2020, 10:44:46 PM »
Well, what was he expecting? When his services became available there weren't a whole hell of a lot of shows in production, and he was no spring chicken either.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2020, 12:53:59 AM »
His shot at Drew notwithstanding, moving to Orlando wouldn't be a bad idea if it does come with cheaper costs like he said. Certainly wouldn't be the first daytime show to relocate to save money.