The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Vintage game show books on archive.org

(1/9) > >>

Casey Buck:
For the last several years, The Internet Archive has scanned quite a collection of out-of-print books, and have been available to rent library-style, where one user at a time can check out a book for 14 days. From now until the end of June, they have suspended the waiting lists.

Here's what I've found so far:

Art Fleming's TV Game Show Fact Book by Art Fleming (1979)
Daytime Television Game Shows and the Celebration of Merchandise: The Price is Right by Morris B. Holbrook (1992)
How to Become a Game Show Contestant: An Insider's Guide by Greg Muntean and Gregg Silverman (1987)
How to Strike It Rich on TV Game Shows by Ed Fishman (1972)
Prime Time and Misdemeanors: Investigating the 1950's TV Quiz Show Scandal by Joseph Stone and Tim Yohn (1992)
Prisoner of Trebekistan by Bob Harris (2006)
Quiz Craze: America's Infatuation with Game Shows by Thomas A. DeLong (1991)
The Jeopardy! Book by Alex Trebek and Peter Barsocchini (1990)
The TV Game Shows: How to Get On and Win by Norm Blumenthal (1975)
The Ultimate TV Game Show Book (Volume I) by Steve Ryan and Fred Wostbrock (2005)
This is Jeopardy: Celebrating America's Favorite Quiz Show by Ray Richmond (2004)
What's My Line?: The Inside History of TV's Most Famous Panel Show by Gil Fates (1978)
Who Wants to Be A Millionaire: The Official Book by David Fisher (2000)
You Can Become a Game Show Contestant and Win by Susan Sackett and Cheryl Blythe (1982)

curtking:
How cool!  Thanks for this! ;D

BrandonFG:
Before I discovered the EOTVGS, I swore by a few of these books, as well as Maxine Fabe’s book. Would love to see these so many years later.

Thanks!

chris319:
Gil Fates's book is full of amusing anecdotes about the show and is highly recommended.

Prime Time and Misdemeanors is a detailed account of the quiz scandal, also highly recommended.

Ira Skutch and Monty Hall have written memoirs. Ira's book didn't go into game shows and his days at G-T as much as I would have liked.

I would love to see a book about game show packagers such as Goodson & Todman, Barry & Enright, Heatter & Quigley, Hatos & Hall, Bob Stewart, Ralph Edwards, John Guedel and the rest, written by someone who doesn't pull fiction out of his a**.

Unfortunately, those guys are all deceased now so they can't be interviewed. Jay Wolpert and Bob Noah are still with us.

Mike Tennant:

--- Quote from: chris319 on March 29, 2020, 08:59:12 PM ---I would love to see a book about game show packagers such as Goodson & Todman, Barry & Enright, Heatter & Quigley, Hatos & Hall, Bob Stewart, Ralph Edwards, John Guedel and the rest, written by someone who doesn't pull fiction out of his a**.

--- End quote ---
Adam Nedeff, please pick up the white courtesy phone...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version